• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game choice

KnooBill

Landlubber
Conquest of the Americas or East India Company (with all the expansions)? Which would you suggest as the best game experience?

Going solely by what I've read, I'd get Conquest rather than EIC. Conquest sounds like EIC minus much of what was wrong with it.

Conquest's demo link can be found in here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16333-commander-conquest-of-the-americas-demo-released/ . Not sure if EIC had a demo.

Conquest looks more like a well rounded game, EIC always seemed to try and be something it's not imho.

Conquest (CotA) has quite a bit more depth than EIC but from what I have read I don't think it has the depth of Patrician IV, but I have never played the Patrician series of games. Too much thinking involved for me. :rolleyes: I miss some of the management features of EIC. But CotAs ability to set multi-port automatic trade routes is a big plus. It is much more playable than EIC. You have to build your colonies, set up production based on available resources and manage your colonies growth and well being.

Nitro also seemed to toned down the weather in CotA and you can sail right through the small icebergs.

I think if they merged the EIC and CotA playing fields into one game, changed the granularity of the game such that the fleets don't have visibility range of several hundred miles, add land based expansion, add land based battles, completely overhauled the tactical battle interface to get rid of way-points and allow the tactical portion of the game to be a true sailing ship simulation, they would have a real game on their hands.

Just my two cents.

Back