• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game chrash at the lighthouse

viking

Landlubber
After beeing informed by the old man at the lighthouse that Danielle was there awhile ago and going to sea the game stops after the video where Nataniel is washed on the shore.
Black screen saying questbook is updated, and no way to continue the game.
build 14.5

Known problem; <a href="http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?s=&autocom=tracker&showissue=44" target="_blank">attempted fix here</a>.

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

The above is all I get when trying to acces the fix.

the way i got around it was to use direct sail and sailed to nearest Island..then it worked..but now i can not enter town when i capture fort to release clemete from jail

That is after capturing the Greenford/Bridgetown fort, right? We still have to fix that.
Maybe I'll just figure out a quick-skip method instead for the time being so you can at least pass that part.

<!--quoteo(post=325166:date=Jun 4 2009, 11:49 AM:name=Pieter Boelen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pieter Boelen @ Jun 4 2009, 11:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325166"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That is after capturing the Greenford/Bridgetown fort, right? We still have to fix that.
Maybe I'll just figure out a quick-skip method instead for the time being so you can at least pass that part.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes so how do i continue..or am i stuck

As far as ordinary play is concerned, yes you're stuck until we find a proper fix for it.
But I have just tried a way of getting through that seems to work. In PROGRAM\console.c, find:<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->And add:<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->    Locations[FindLocation("Fake_Greenford_port")].vcskip = true; // NK
    Locations[FindLocation("Fake_Greenford_town")].vcskip = true; // NK
    DoQuestReloadToLocation("Fake_Greenford_port", "reload", "reload1" ,"Story_FightingInGreenfordPort");<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->Then press F12 and you should be reloaded to the fight in port that you were getting a CTD on before.
I tested this and things seem to work, but I didn't test it very far.

At what point does it crash? Do you get to any dialog with Danielle at all?
Note that after doing what I said above, you should press F12 for it to happen.

I do not get to talk with Danielle at all..just go to diff fight screen then it crashes. she is not their..the town icon shows up after i get into town and I end up not going nowere

That is really weird. I tested my workaround and it worked. I got into the port fight scene, killed the soldiers,
walked to the town and got the scene with Danielle's crew. Then I saved Celement, got a dialog in the tavern, etc.
Try starting a new game with the standard storyline, then press F12 and see what happens. That's how I tested it.

yea that worked...but lost everything I had..ships...officers..weapons..money..ECT...would like to start at lighthouse were i saved it if possible

Theoretically you should be able to do the same thing from your save at the lighthouse, though I cannot test that myself at the moment.

Back