• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game Crash on time!

Takeda-One

Prussian Corsair
Storm Modder
Hi Mates,

I've got a serious game damage, which hasn't to do with any mods! Always when the date is about to switch over to the 24th of may in 1676, my game crashes no matter where I am (on map and on land)!

Errorlog says this:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: no debug information; line: 1
function 'GenerateShip' stack error
Unknown data type
Unknown data type
integer function return reference value

ComplieLog says this:

pchar.worldmap.shipcounter = 486
Warning! World map ship quantity < 0 : numShips = -463
Warning! World map ship quantity < 0 : numShips = -465
Warning! World map ship quantity < 0 : numShips = -465

SystemLog says this:

Warning! Weather has not stars parameters
User Rised Exception
.\Sources\s_stack.cpp line 93
stack 'read' error

has anyone an idea??

A few questions but before i ask them when i was testing one of the COAS CM mods, i would save before entering any battles, once i had a problem where i would try to enter a battle but the game would crash everytime i tried which ment there was a problem with ship(s) been generated, if this is how the game crashes for you then it means one of the following files has either a ship missing or its got a error in the following line of code
Code:
Ship_shipsname
in one or more of the following files.

Program
BattleInterface.C
Ships_init
ships.H
ShipsUtilites

RESOURCE
pictures

So locate the ship(s) that have not been added or have error by looking at
Code:
Ship_shipsname
when you locate it it, fix it in all files that have the problem and that should fix the problem for you. Or you can wait for COAS CMV3 which shouldn't be too long from release now and has the ship generating problems fixed.

Now for my questions. :rolleyes:

1. Do you have any mods installed?
2. If question 1 was a yes which mods do you have installed?
3. If you have installed mods, in which order did you install them?
4. If its the base game with no mods, have you edited any files and if yes which ones?

I have no specific mod, appart from the community ship-pack and some changes in rpg.utile for the starting. I'm playing with this save game since the start-date 1665. I finished the ascold quest and kept the lamp. That was the last bigger thing. I changed some lines in a few minor script files (where no new game is needed), but they were allready proved working fine! Neverthelss I tried to use the org-files again. Nothing works so far. The games crashing at the date switch even in real-game-time!!

the windows error notion points on the start.exe with something like abnormal ... termination. I have no idea!

Hi,

I'm perhaps a little late but you can try with cheats, press F11 and so click on F16. It will add 5 days in game. I don't think it's ship doing the crash cause you say it crashes even on land. I remember in AoP1 I got the same problem (on worldmap), made a save just before the crash, launched it and all was fine.

Regards,

Philippe

Back