• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Game crash when recruiting captured ship captain/exit captured ship

I just checked in my Passengers list after a succesful recruitment.
So far working: Gunner, Boatswine, Surgeon, Quartermaster, Navigator.
Getting a feeling the Master at Arms might cause it...nothing confirmed yet

Also I noticed that you can't change the role of an officer to Master at Arms in the Passengers list, but you can by talking directly to the officers (most likely uncorrelated)

Ah ok :)
Just found something wierd: The guy got assigned as comrade-at-arms.
I dont think that should happen. The game didnt crash because of it though....(or not this time)
Edit: game crashed as soon as I put him in my shore party

Attachments

• logfiles.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 105

So im am feeling quite positive about my suspicion something goes wrong in assigning the occupation of the officer at recruitement :)
Sadly I wasn't smart enough to make a save BEFORE assigning him...me bad...

Are you assigning him manually? And before or after leaving the captain's cabin?

That should happen if you use "Remove from Post".
I noticed I had an officer in party who was a "citizen", so I decided to change his role (else the game might crash if I accidentally assign him somewhere) and tried to use that option.
Result: comrade-at-arms. Tried to change him back and forth a bit between other roles, same result when using Remove from Post. I guess the problem of the faulty occupations is somewhere in there.

@Wolve: The problems you have here are most likely related to the Levelling system.
That is seriously complex new code written by somebody else that has caused me no end of headaches.
I spent the past half year trying to fix all sorts of terrible issues with it, apparently with no end in sight.

Today I decided I am not going to look into this problem for the foreseeable future, simply because I don't want to.
For the time being, I recommend you make use of whatever workarounds you can find.

Ye that's fine. Completely understand :) I mean it's just a hobby right?
Also minor question: Do you have an idea when you will release these fixes of the last few weeks as a patch?

From what i can see the cause is the Same.

Back