• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Game crash

BathtubPirate

Privateer
Storm Modder
Okay, this might seem very vague, but what else could I do but ask?

Until yesterday, NH worked. Now suddenly, it crashes when I start it. There's the usual small storm engine window for a few seconds, then instead of the opening video I get about two seconds of the little loading coin, then it goes back to desktop wihtout any explanation.

From one day to the next...

I don't know if there's a connection but I just uninstalled the so called WinZip Driver Update which appeared here a few days ago and seems to be up to no good. The game still doesn't start.

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2355
Invalid range

Which is:

Code:
            if (strcut(saveName, 0, 1) == "-=") {

Sorry for spamming around here, it's 10pm, and I was really hoping to have an hour or two to play because I did stuff the whole day and must do stuff tomorrow, so I'm trying everything right now...

EDIT: Also found this one in system:
Code:
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
 done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
ERROR: Techniques: Find duplicate technique name: radeon8500sea
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 181 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 85708830 ticks.

I don't know if this can be of any help but this is what happens to me now and then. After I've started a game many, many times it
suddenly doesn't work anymore. It's like the game have become tired. :confused:
The only solution is to set up a new fresh game. (with all its steps) :shrug

Nice, because Hoist the Colours and Ardent (with bonus missions and all) are still in "progress" so I'll try to save them to my new setup.
Content:
Apothecary sidequest total overhaul - pedrwyth
Bartolomeu/Assasin and JackSparrow updates - GreyRoger
3 new character models - Sergio and JRH
some other minor fixes - JRH
WR2 update - JRH

I now also downloaded Grey Rogers update from march, but it didn't work for your update in the quote. Can't exactly remember the error right now, but I think it said something about either engine.ini or something else missing.

Another small thing, I just noticed door camera (camera turns around when you stand at doors) doesn't work for me anymore, but I have chosen it in game preferences in the options menu. Then I wanted to restore the default settings and distribute my preferences again but the settings don't seem to change at all when I choose Restore to Default...

Until yesterday, NH worked. Now suddenly, it crashes when I start it. There's the usual small storm engine window for a few seconds, then instead of the opening video I get about two seconds of the little loading coin, then it goes back to desktop wihtout any explanation.
Two possibilities:
1. Delete the file named "options" from your main game folder.
2. Some people had the video playback cause the game to crash; depending on incompatibilities with other software. Easiest solution was to delete those files from the game.

Back