• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game crashes (voodoo 5500 AGP).

Toru

Landlubber
Hey there, I just bought this game but I can't play it, when I try to play a new game the loading screen show up and after awhile the engine window close and send me back to my desktop area.

I'm using a voodoo 5500 AGP (on winXP Pro)and I tried to get some help at the 3dfx board but it seems that there are no demo available for this game so they couldn't help me.

Please help me cuz I really want to play this game and I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

I suspect that you might have `Anti-Aliasing` switched on the graphics card and POTC can't use that :rolleyes:

Can you try to switch `Anti-Aliasing` off and try running the game again and let us know if it working any better?

I tried to turn off the AA but now, after the Storm engine screen loads I get a blank screen and after awhile my comp reboot.

Hmm, can't really recommend much... :
You're the first person I know of to talk about running POTC on a V5...IIRC the Voodoo line was never very good about towing the line where DirectX was concerned, and it may be that POTC is trying to do stuff the V5 can't.

For that matter, the V5 is pretty old; it may be some DX functions _in general_ in the new (8, now 9) versions of DX that give it trouble.

Sorry to not be able to help more... :

(Oh, you _can_ try Omega's Voodoo drivers, IIRC he and some others continued `third-party` development of Voodoo drivers after 3dfx went kablooie).

Back