• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Game crashes when loading a save

Foop my Car

Freebooter
After a day of playing New Horizons, my saves files are suddenly causing the game to crash when opened. I never had this problem before. Why is this is so?

Delete the file "options", which should be in the top level of the game installation folder. If you changed any settings, you will need to chsnge them again.

This file sometimes becomes corrupted, causing various weirdness. Deleting it forces the game to create a fresh one which can cure the weirdness.

If you like to change any of the default settings, try this:
  • Delete "options".
  • Start PoTC. Go straight to the "Options" section from the main menu, set up everything the way you like it, then quit PoTC - don't try to play anything.
  • Make a copy of the "options" file. This is a clean one with all your chosen settings. By default it will be called "options - Copy".
Next time you see weird things happening, delete the "options" file, make a second copy of "options - Copy" (or whatever you called it), and rename that to "options". Now the game should be back to normal and you don't need to put back all your settings again.

Back