• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game CTD's when I choose to recruit enemy captains.

Baggy Bones

Landlubber
When I board a surrendered (or captured) ship, and choose to try to recruit and enemy captain as one of my officers, the game instantly crashes to desktop as soon as I click the dialog to recruit him.

Also, if I try to assign one of my officers to a First rate man'o'war game also crashes to desktop when I leave the transfer screen.
I can take the first rate myself and then later swap it to one of my officers for their ship.

I am not sure if I am using the latest builds ( I dl'ed the build14 link and the corresponding fix link over at the MODDB site.

If possible could someone link me the latest patch links?

Loved this game, ecstatic to find (a few days ago) that people are modding this game to such a degree. I am having a blast!

Thanks in advance,

Baggy Bones.

Beta 1 with the 24th Jan fix is the current latest build version

I get a CTD when trying to take a captain as a captive quite often but not tranfering or having them join :facepalm

Beta 1 with the 24th Jan fix is the current latest build version

I get a CTD when trying to take a captain as a captive quite often but not tranfering or having them join :facepalm

Oh I have NEVER had an issue ransoming a captured enemy captain. Have ransomed...prolly.....8-10 or so with no issues.

It is just making them my officer is where I have the problem.

Damn that was quick, well thanks for the version update.

I think the whole dialog for the enemy captains stuffs up a fair bit personally and probably needs looking at :yes

Build 14 / Beta 1 / Patch 1

Just had this happen today, so I think it's still broken.

Pirate Hunting off Concecaio versus French Sloop-of-War. She was pounded and weakened by the Fort. I boarded her without a fight. I offered the French Captain the option to become the captain (officer) on the newly captured ship (the first option in the dialogue). I think he then said "sounds good" and I hit hire (I'm not sure on the exact dialog here).> CTD

Should this issue be on the Bug Tracker?

KevAtl

I didnt say it was fixed :no

This requires a coder who has both time and knows what they are doing to fix, unfortunatly I dont have time :no

I think it is already on the Bug Tracker ;)

I didnt say it was fixed :no

This requires a coder who has both time and knows what they are doing to fix, unfortunatly I dont have time :no

I think it is already on the Bug Tracker ;)

With this in mind is it possible to edit the game to allow saves while on a ship deck? After a battle through a large 3-4 deck ship for the third time after crashes it's frustrating to once again try to hire the captain only for the game to crash again. If it were possible to save just before this things would be alot smoother.

There are two ways to take an officer when capturing a ship. If you get the dialog, where you can see his stats and he asks for money, it usually works (it did for me). If you get the dialog where the officer will join without asking for payment, it usually crashes.

I kind of fixed this bug (workaround) a while ago, but it seems it was broken again :) Please just overwrite the Cabinfight_dialog.c (attached) in the PROGRAM\DIALOGS folder and it should work.

Cheers,
Sulan

Attachments

• Cabinfight_dialog.c
    41.5 KB · Views: 93
Back