• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Game does own 'alt tab' out and can't play any more.

Admirable Mike

HoO Team Member
Creative Support
Hearts of Oak Donator
I've been playing build 14 2.5v for a while without problems. I'm on Windows 7 with 8 gigs of ram.
Recently, after loading a save and playing for about 2 minutes - the game window minimizes. Does not matter if I am doing anything or what view is on screen. The game is still running, sound running, minimized. Of course, the game does not play in windows mode so I cannot continue.

HELP!

Hm ...
1. Maybe the game minimizes because of some background programs. Anti-Virus software can be very stupid sometimes.

2. Set your desktop resolution in the engine.ini and disable the full-screen mode. You will have 0 difference but can tab-out and in without freezing the game ;)

I've been playing build 14 2.5v for a while without problems. I'm on Windows 7 with 8 gigs of ram.
Recently, after loading a save and playing for about 2 minutes - the game window minimizes. Does not matter if I am doing anything or what view is on screen. The game is still running, sound running, minimized. Of course, the game does not play in windows mode so I cannot continue.

HELP!

Have you tried this.

Open up the main game folder
Then open the file called Engine
First few lines will look something like this.
modules path = modules\
full_screen = 0
screen_x = 1366
screen_y = 768
;full_screen = 0
;screen_x = 1366
;screen_y = 768

Make Sure your Full_screen lines are set to 0
and set the Screen_x and Screen_y to your Screen Resolution,

if you dont know the resolution on window's 7 right click your desktop and click on screen resolution
this.png
that there is your resolution :) maybe this will help. my game kept closing as my internet security program wanted me to update. so every time it popped up (every 30mins) my game would minimise

Last edited:
Back