• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Game Keeps Crashing?

Michael Green

Landlubber
So I'm in freeplay as Ciri and I have a Battleship if that has anything to do with it, but after maybe 10 minutes my game just closes out. Usually when I'm loading.

Build 14; May 21, 2018

I'm not sure where to find my error logs though. they are enabled.

Nor do I know how to upload a save file since the uploader is telling me it's not an allowed extension?
help

Welcome aboard @Michael Green! :cheers

The log files should be on the folder that contains "ENGINE.exe", see if there is something named "error" and/or "compile".

Maybe try deleting the options file, sometimes it gets corrupted and the game starts acting up.

In addition it is best to update your game, since it is quite an old version.
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:13th January 2021]
It is possible that the bug may have been fixed since.

Nor do I know how to upload a save file since the uploader is telling me it's not an allowed extension?
help
In order to upload the saves make a ZIP file containing them.

"May 21 2018" means you have probably correctly installed the mod but have not yet added in the update archive:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_130121.zip

Unlike the other files for the mod, you do need to extract the contents of this one as it is just a simple zip. Copy the whole lot into the game folder (wherever "ENGINE.EXE" is located); the archive has the same folder structure as the game, so Windows should ask you if you want to merge the folders from the archive with those in the game. You will then need to start a new game as a lot has changed since May 2018!

Can you tell us the folder where the game is installed?

As for log files, "compile" and "system" should certainly both be there. "error" might not exist, depending on exactly what happened.

Yeah it's not in my programs folder, I put it into my games folder

D:\Games\PotC

And you're probably right about the update part so I'll definitely give that a shot, although it's unfortunate I have to start over because I put quite a bit of time and effort into my current file. BUT, them's the breaks.

"May 21 2018" means you have probably correctly installed the mod but have not yet added in the update archive:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_130121.zip

Unlike the other files for the mod, you do need to extract the contents of this one as it is just a simple zip. Copy the whole lot into the game folder (wherever "ENGINE.EXE" is located); the archive has the same folder structure as the game, so Windows should ask you if you want to merge the folders from the archive with those in the game. You will then need to start a new game as a lot has changed since May 2018!

Do I click "yes" when it ask's that?

Also, I DID have the update from last year downloaded, but my guess is I didn't place the files correctly so they were not in effect

Back