• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game Models

JohnHamm

Landlubber
Storm Modder
I have been going through all of the models and the textures both vanilla and Combined mods 3 in the games and comparing them 1 by one and then looking at them in the game. And I have come to the conclusion that the textures (even for the basic crew) are good quality however they way they are rendered on a good portion of the models is terrible. it is as though the models are to big for the textures. Especially the Colonial Schooner. Am I off on this? or is there something else I don't know?

After many hours of editing and loading many models and reloading with new textures IMHO all models should be reduced in size by 50% this would also help the port vs ship size issue.

just a thought.

No you are correct Mate. Keep in mind some of these models are 7 years old and are ported imports from PoTC. Also some artists are better than others and we have a good variety. I am learning 3D rendering as fast as I can, but until more guys step up like pgargon and Thomas the Terror that are willing to build new skins and textures, we are stuck with what we have, although I still love blowing the crap out of a really ugly ship! Kind of gives me a "my ship's better than your ship" superiority complex. xD:

MK

No you are correct Mate. Keep in mind some of these models are 7 years old and are ported imports from PoTC. Also some artists are better than others and we have a good variety. I am learning 3D rendering as fast as I can, but until more guys step up like pgargon and Thomas the Terror that are willing to build new skins and textures, we are stuck with what we have, although I still love blowing the crap out of a really ugly ship! Kind of gives me a "my ship's better than your ship" superiority complex. xD:

MK
Well I have half a mind to re size the models but that would take years. well maybe months... I have the time to do it I just don't have the program.

MAYA is available on the FTP and there are some really good tutorials there as well. I myself elected to take an online course in MAYA, Blender and Strata from a pretty decent school out of California. Learning tons, just too busy and too self conscious to share anything yet. My medeival cog would be out of place in the Carribbean.

MK

Medieval Cog? Sounds interesting for the first time period we've got in PotC. :cheeky

Rezising all ships properly DOES sound like a lot of work! :shock

Medieval Cog? Sounds interesting for the first time period we've got in PotC. :cheeky

Rezising all ships properly DOES sound like a lot of work! :shock

Resizing all of them would be a lot of work, I'm still tinkering with the idea as I have yet to get used to Maya (though it is working now... however I cannot get it to export in .gm I can get ti to import just fine... I tried to use the thing in the downloads section but i guess I did something wrong.

Back