• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game Resolution

Captain Hog

Sailor Apprentice
Are there any WORKING solutions/mods to generate resolution for modern 16:9 mode monitors with COAS?

It does seem a shame for a game which was released not too long ago (when compared to POTC) does not support 16:9 screens.

I did find one solution which did not work for me. I believe it promopted us to change a setting manually in a file to make the game windowed and then set the window size to the screen size but my game just crashed on start up.

My monitor size is 1920 by 1080.

Myself and others have tried with no success with this unfortuneately. However there are some members here that have successfully changed the engine.ini to give them better res. I just got a black screen when I launched the game after I tried it. Look up resolution in the search field and you will find a lot of previous dialogue on this.

MK

If you go into the install directory and open the "engine" .ini file with notepad go to the 4th and 5th line and change it to what you want. You will have to play around with it a bit because some resolutions wont work. I got 1920 x 1200 and 1680 x 1050 to work on my system.

Hope this helps. :cheers

Example:

modules path = modules\
full_screen = 1
PostProcess = 1
screen_x = 1920
screen_y = 1200
lockable_back_buffer = 0
screen_bpp = D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
texture_degradation = 0

Thanks.

See what happened last time was even after we put it back to how it was (we made a copy of the engine.ini file I believe it was as you mention) and the game still did not work resulting in us having to make a full install again.

Thanks.

See what happened last time was even after we put it back to how it was (we made a copy of the engine.ini file I believe it was as you mention) and the game still did not work resulting in us having to make a full install again.

If anything in the ini gets messed up just open the configure exe and it should resort to those settings. Just be careful not to change it to the way you want it to be and then open the configure exe or you will loose your resolution settings.

Mine works with 1600 x 900. But that is the native mode for my monitor.

PostProcess = 1
screen_x = 1600
screen_y = 900

Back