• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game-review by Bennbow...

TiMEDANCE

Landlubber
Yesterday shipment came in... shiped via amazon...

So installed the game... wanted to play... ENGINE.EXE failure...
game won´t start... :shrug

After trying some... I made it myself to start the game...
this was the problem...
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14482-attenzione-ati-card-users/page__view__getnewpost

So now to gameplay..

At start you have 0 Pesos... arrrgggg 4/5 Men crew ???
zzzzzzzz
I shiped out of harbour...
pirate brig... - So this was the end of my game...

:drunk ....this game is really dificult.... :ixi

Hello Benndow don't worry this game is an enjoyable one after you get pasted all the bugs and difficulty level. What I would recommend doing is doing jobs for the people in the tavern and store, then get a crew and repair your ship .....the beginning of this game is the hardest after you start going up in level it gets easyer...oohH yah save offen and stay away from large ships so early in the game

Good luck hooah

save, save, back up save, walk to tavern, save, enter tavern, save again, buy crew, save again... yes, i over save, i think... but u need to in this game. the game randomly shuts down... not only that, ive made pleanty of bad choices. the game is a pain in the rear end to figure out... im still figureing it out. took me 2 days to figure out that cannons take a long time to load, took me another 2 days to figure out u can buy a crew from the tavern to make them load faster =S. as stated above - game is great whenu learn it... its quite addicting in fact... i wonder if anyone realised i was missing for a week straight............

i love this game it does the action/rpg gerne well. ah yeah and i remember difficult games too before every game went HALO on us and little johnny couldnt handle a hard game so every game that comes out these days holds your hand and basicly beats itself for you (fallout 3)

i love this game it does the action/rpg gerne well. ah yeah and i remember difficult games too before every game went HALO on us and little johnny couldnt handle a hard game so every game that comes out these days holds your hand and basicly beats itself for you (fallout 3)

hey man, dont be knockin fallout =S i remember when fallout 1 came out, fallout 3 delivered =P

I went to the City of abandoned ships for 1st time. So far it is great fun. Hope it will not turn stupid later (or too short). I remember the fantasy book the story is taken. The story of the book was the lack of wind and strong currents gather at one place a lot of ships (old timers of course). At the same time to currents gather at the same place huge fields of algae. So huge they make a solid base which keeps the ships senturies afloat (or at least untill they break on small pieces). But unlike Coas everyone there was making plans how to get out... I read it long time ago and don't remember how exactly the heroes left but for example I remember one of the plans was to use the recoil of the ship's guns as a moving force..

As for the game too hard in the beginning - the problem is it simply has no learning curve. You jusmpstart it as if you played it for days already.

Back