• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gamebreaking Bug detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnLysop

Sailor Apprentice
Happened to me two times so far, with a Ship that I cant remember, and a Flute of War.

Captured a Flute of War or whatever it is, and took it, sank my own Ship in return and Sailed to Pirates island.
Wanted to buy new Cannons and there, the first surprise:

Usually max cannon size is about 36, but here it was 48. Strangely, the Hull and Cargo dont match the normal Flute o War's Stats.
Tried to remove cannons, only to end up with about 2000 Cannons in my Inventory and still no change on the Ships mounted cannons.

So in short: I had a Ship with too big cannons to fit, and an unlimited supply of Cannons to remove and sell. That made me restart my game, coz damn that is an awful Bug, who want's to get money that easy. First time it happened I had the 3.1.5 + Game freshly installed, the second time just yesterday.

My best guess is that it has to do with the Cannons, since everytime they were like 2-3 steps higher the Size they should max. be.

Suggestions? Fix even?

Thx!

Hi there bud, we can confirm that every ship that has been reported have now been fixed. How ever the new mod is not due for release just yet and although the cannon duplication bug is a big problem in CMV3.2 but restarting the game will not fix that bug, simply capture or purchase a new ship and fire its guins, if after firing all guns on each side and front and rear the guns duplicate in the cargohold then that ship also has the bug. A update that fixed many of the ships was released but i think for some reason that link is now dead and i no longer have that updated file to reupload. I think in the next week or two the new mod will be released or close to release, my tips are to ignore as much as you can of the cannon bug and injoy the game as much as you can because the new mod will require you to start over anyway.

First post in the release topic for CMV3.2 has been updated to include the link to the bug tracker, so anyone with any problems who wish to report a bug please post there, you can use the link Officer Puppy has posted above or the one in the first post of Combined Mod v3.2 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back