• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gem ship - where is it?

zorro

Landlubber
In the Steve Linney - Morgan quest, I can't locate the gem ship below or around St. Martin. I am in the area before the two week time allotment. Any help?

It should turn up on the world Map - ( Ship with Purple sails ) about 10-12 days after you were told about it - just south of St Martin, sailing north.

If you miss it the Log Book will update to tell you.

:cheers

It should turn up on the world Map - ( Ship with Purple sails ) about 10-12 days after you were told about it - just south of St Martin, sailing north.

If you miss it the Log Book will update to tell you.

:cheers

I've gone back and got the diary using the barmaid. Get ready to sail same date and get a log entry of wasting time on land might miss gem ship. Sail to south of St. Martin and get there around 7 days after starting date. Sit and wait but no gem ship and no missed ship logbook entry even after 3 weeks of time. Is this a glitch? Can I sail south towards Trinidade if I get there early. Would like to see this gem boat and the caps sword.

I am not sure how far south of St Martin the ship appears on the World Map - I don't think you should go south of Nevis or Antigua. :no

and get a log entry of wasting time on land might miss gem ship.

I got this entry every time when I saved as I set sail to go to St Martin -- the gem ship also never turned up :facepalm

-- so I think this must be the Log book entry if you miss the ship. ( i.e.the game refuses to generate the ship if you spend to much time on land after getting the diary. ) :modding

When you get the diary set sail straight away - don't save - and go to St Martin and the purple sailed ship should appear 10 -12 days after you got the diary.

I think the log entries if you miss the ship are these ones:-

#TEXT 10
I have spent a lot of time on land. This delay may become fatal for my attempt to meet the Spanish ship.

#TEXT 12
I didn't find the Spanish battleship. This mission is a failure, then; I was unable to spoil Sawkins's plans. Now I guess it's back to Morgan...

I think Text 12 appears if you see the ship on the world map & you don't get to it before it fades away.

Text 10 is probably there if you spend time resupplying - but it also seems to be triggered if you save after getting the diary. :shrug

Thanks! No save worked great. Didn't find any special sword on the captain, though. Tried the boarding a couple of times to see what showed up but no new blade. Is the battleship of any special value? I had to dodge some battles and caught it just north of Antiqua. I really appreciate the answers to my questions. I never would have tried to get to the gem ship without saving every step of the way. Now off to Morgan. Any different ways to answer his questions? Thanks again.

I think Morgan believes you whatever you tell him and says come back in a month -- then gives you the Panama attack mission ( but I have not played that far yet. )

:keith

Back