• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Generic Governor Functionality at Eleuthera

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
On Eleuthera, it is the governor of Alice Town which causes the problem. I've edited "periods.c" to make Alice Town English and renamed the governor Edward Bull; you won't have a copy of that version of the file but you can do a similar edit, or I can upload mine. Alice Town is English by default, was set to Spanish in "Early Explorers" in the original version of "periods.c", and I commented out the line which makes it Spanish.
Did you find that governor in the character init files?
He should have a .GroupDialog attribute like the other governors do.
I don't know the governor's original name, therefore can't look for him in any files. Besides, I've no idea how you've set up generic governor tasks, e.g. LoM's and ship-hunting quests.

PROGRAM\Characters\init\Eleuthera.c . You can search for "townhall" and you'll probably find the governors in there. Should be two.
They should have a ch.Dialog.GroupDialog = "governor_dialog.c"; line or something like that.
If you check any other governor that you do know the name of, you should see how it is set up.
When the guy has that line of code, then all the LoM and ship-hunting functionality should be active from that character.

Indeed the required two lines for this were missing.
Extracting attached to PROGRAM\Characters\init should fix the problem.

Attachments

• Eleuthera.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 76
Back