• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Try downloading it through internet explorer, and rather than left clicking on download, right click and select open in new tab. That will then download it, this is the way i do it all the time and have never had any problems.

This is what i get when attempting to dl the file using chrome or IE Mediafire.jpg

Ok thats weird, i haven't recieved any messages about this, so not sure whats going on for you. Perhaps the country you are from can't download files as big as this patch. I will try to find other means to upload it and post the link on the first page as soon as its uploaded. Just for the record i can still download the patch myself on this and all other computers i own, so the file isn't blocked due to reaching its download limit. As far as i can tell mediafire doesn't have a download limit either, which is weird for that message to say it does.

I am from us and i've downloaded other things of equal or greater size from mediafire before. It says that it limited it because it was a corrupted or damaged file.... so i don't know why it's being like this for me :( would be awesome you could upload it elsewhere for me though, sorry for the inconvenience, i know this is taking time away form other things you could be doing.

Its ok bud, i'm downloading it now and will back it up just incase. I will upload it to the FTP and post the link here once its done.

Okay finally got it installed, modded, and patched! :D started a new game and there are a few things to note.

1). I can no longer alt tab out of the game, this is quite annoying as i seldomly have the time to just game without doing something along on the side.... is there anyway to painlessly change this back to the way it was in previous gof versions? (it simply crashes upon re-entering) I was able to not only alt tab out of game in previous versions but also have the skype thumbnail video overlay on the game. This was handy for playing while skyping my gf :p

2). a new character no longer gets 7 points to distribute in character creation? i think it was seven anyways :p

3). the sound (music, voices, and other) is very distorted, i didn't have this problem with any other versions of gof

I haven't really had time to mess around with much else yet but hopefully tonight i will get around to actually starting a game.

1) In engine.ini set full_screen = 0 and set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution. That should fix that one.

Thats weird because i never made any changes to the engine.ini file so it wasn't included in the patch. I guess you have installed the game from fresh?

If so you could alway's (if you still have it in the bin) get the old engine.ini file and put it back in the game overwriting the new engine.ini file.

2) Before installing the patch you was playing GOF 2.0 or GOF 2.0.1 Beta?

3) in egine.ini find set UseMM = 1 and change the 1 to a 0, this will fix the sound issue's you are having.

Before installing 2.0.8 i was playing 1.1.2 but i made a clean install and then patched it. okay thanks for the engine ini tip i had noticed the res changed. i installed 2.0.8 on top of the 2.0.1 beta

Changed the settings in engine.ini and everything is better now! :D thanks guys

Hi luke.I think I found a bug in Double barreled musket quest.I completed the quest but after assigning the officer theres no musket in his hand.The item was in my inventory before I talk to him but after that musket disappeared from my inventory and even its not in his.I think the model is lost.

Attachments

• musket lost.jpg
    musket lost.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 120
Oh i found another bug in musket quest.I gave that gun to one of my officers and guess what... he can use it ,even he doesnt have the celever shot ability.
in fact all officers with no gun skill can use all kind of muskets.

Attachments

• officer musket.jpg
    officer musket.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 121
Okay. I get 5761 errors when I try and extract this archive using 7zip -- every file seems to be broken. I am just having the worst luck with this game.

Okay. I get 5761 errors when I try and extract this archive using 7zip -- every file seems to be broken. I am just having the worst luck with this game.

Try updating your 7zip app, this should fix that problem.

Hi luke.I think I found a bug in Double barreled musket quest.I completed the quest but after assigning the officer theres no musket in his hand.The item was in my inventory before I talk to him but after that musket disappeared from my inventory and even its not in his.I think the model is lost.

Oh i found another bug in musket quest.I gave that gun to one of my officers and guess what... he can use it ,even he doesnt have the celever shot ability.
in fact all officers with no gun skill can use all kind of muskets.

Ok thanks bud, I will need help with this one because I have no idea how to fix this one. Not an area I have ever worked on before so i'm not sure where to look. So if there is anyone who can help fix it please feel free to fix it and thanks in advance.

I searched through files and found two maybe refer to musket problem.Both are in Program>loc_ai.

Attachments

• equip.jpg
    equip.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 95
  • officer.jpg
    officer.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 93
Ok thanks, can you upload your savegame please, so i can test things out quicker and i'll also know then if its savegame compatable or not.

A quick question, did you install the latest patch, GOF 2.0.8 or are you running on an older version?

no i have GOF 2.0.7 installed and here is the save game...this is port of spain just before English Musketer's door.I'm uploading the option file too maybe necessary.
and just for fun put one of the muskets in Jack Sparrows inventory i have jack as an officer.You can see musketer animation is not compatible with jack's model and his hands stretch like two snakes.NOTE if you give him the musket you cant take it back.

Attachments

• Save.zip
    838.2 KB · Views: 98
Back