• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.1.5 mod development

If you feel brave, you can look up the Buccaneer's Reef.

The correct way to answer: "You can look up the Buccaneer's Reef."

Google Transparency Report

Current status

No unsafe content found

Site info

This info was last updated on Jun 12, 2019.

AbuseIPDB - IP address abuse reports - Making the Internet safer, one IP at a time

This IP was reported 1 times. Confidence of Abuse is 0%:

ISP GoDaddy.com LLC
Usage Type Data Center/Web Hosting/Transit
Hostname(s) ip-166-62-110-213.ip.secureserver.net
Domain Name godaddy.com
Country United States
City Scottsdale, Arizona

urlquery.net - URL Scanner

URL buccaneersreef.com
IP 166.62.110.213
ASN AS26496 GoDaddy.com, LLC
Location [United States] United States
Report completed 2019-06-20 19:55:45 CEST
Status Report complete.
urlquery Alerts No alerts detected

Intrusion Detection Systems
Suricata /w Emerging Threats Pro No alerts detected

Blacklists
MDL No alerts detected
OpenPhish No alerts detected
PhishTank No alerts detected
Fortinet's Web Filter No alerts detected
DNS-BH No alerts detected
mnemonic secure dns No alerts detected

Zscaler | Zulu - URL Risk Analyzer

URL Information
http://buccaneersreef.com

Status Completed

Test Results

Benign
5/100 |

Analysis

Test Description Risk
Known Bad Hash 0
Park/Disabled Domain No match 0
Phishing Heuristic Not a phishing page 0
Content Inspection No match 0
URL Checks
Test Description Risk
VirusTotal Content Check Positives: 0 0
Zscaler Inline No match 0
Top-Level Domain Risk No match 0
Suspicious URL Pattern No match 0
Zscaler Malicious URL No Match 0
SSL-Cert Check 0
Geo-location Risk 0
File-Type Risk 0
Non-Standard Port HTTP 0
Host Checks
Test Description Risk
Autonomous System Risk ASN: 26496 GoDaddy 5
VirusTotal IP Submission Badness ratio: 0.03 0
NetBlock Size Risk Netblock size: 32768 0
SURBL Block No match 0
Zscaler Malicious IP 0

I know that if I personally suffered from paranoid delusions:

1. Some good therapy, or even a pill might help
2. Accept reality and just stop with the weak attempts to discredit and dissuade people with prefaced comments meant to invoke fear; i.e.: "If you feel brave,"

Hello everybody,

I have a question, and my apologies in advance is it could sound stupid:
After years playing PotC with in the last 2 years New Horizons added, i just bought on GOG.com Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships, and added the Gentlemen of Fortune 2.0 mod with this 1.3-1.4-1.5 patch...My question is this: Is it possible to change the name of the choosen character (i'm trying Nathaniel Hawk) like in PotC? Thanks in advance for every info :bow

I have a question, and my apologies in advance is it could sound stupid:
The answers to questions are often more stupid than the questions themselves.
For example, I wished I could do better than this:

Is it possible to change the name of the choosen character
I'm not very familiar with CoAS, but I know the code structure is very similar to the 2003 PotC.
There must be a way then.

Does your game version already have a "console" of some sort?

Hi guys, i'm playing the game with this version (2.1.5) and (almost) all is good, thanks for your work.
Anyway, while playing, i experienced different bugs, some fixed by me and some i can't fix.
First of all, the clouds where looking very bad, so i replaced the texture file with the one i found in the 1.2 version of the mod, and now they are perfect.
Secondly, the sound was very bad, but i fixed it by editing engine.ini file. Also i found the answers on the forum circa the aspect ratio fix for widescreen.
now about my current mod problems:
i have experienced the same bug of @Elderlaw posted on the page 2 of this thread, the misterious "ERROR: Incorrect index for a character! Wrong index is -1", did you find a fix for that?
and lastly, my game is experiencing micro-freezing every 5-10 seconds, do you know why? i think it was working before without freezing, but maybe it was before i switched from 1.2 version to this one.
Also i noticed that the more i lower the maximum fps, the more it lags. (naturally) Should be fine with 120 or 180 fps.
Thank you for your patience.

Edit: i remembered that sometimes the battle cannon sounds doesn't work.
also the stores doesn't have any cannonball in stock, maybe this is also a bug,

Last edited:
Hi guys, I wanna play CoAS again so I install CoAS and then GoF 2.0 and patch 1.5. But the game cant start through steam. So I tried it start in game folder and same problem. So I tried it start through "config" in game folder and its working. Game start correctly. But I have problem with resolution cause my laptop has aspect ratio 16:10 and if I play game on fullscreen so I have to edit resolution manually in game fodler in "engine.ini" if you know what I mean. And if I start game through "config" always my settings is edited because I always have to set some game parameters like resolution and so on and the choose save or save and play and my manually edited resolution is changed. Can you help me please?

And if I start game through "config" always my settings is edited because I always have to set some game parameters like resolution and so on and the choose save or save and play and my manually edited resolution is changed. Can you help me please?
You don't have to start the game through Config.exe, right?
I'd say just edit engine.ini manually; and then start from Game.exe (I think that's what CoAS calls it).

I already solved this problem. And the problem is not related with mod. In engine.ini where I manually edited resolution you can change fullscreen mode (0 or 1) as well. I had to change from 1 to 0 and everything working. Now I going to try with installed mod.
And Pieter if I can ask you. What version GoF 2 do you prefer? I mean the patches. Because for GoF 2 is patch 1.3, 1.4 and small one 1.5. And I read notes in the 1.5 and this patch have a few changes only.

And Pieter if I can ask you. What version GoF 2 do you prefer? I mean the patches. Because for GoF 2 is patch 1.3, 1.4 and small one 1.5. And I read notes in the 1.5 and this patch have a few changes only.
I never played GoF at all, so I have zero preferences.

Not sure if this helps, but personally, I liked GOF 1.2 the most and I think I would recommend that overall. I played GOF 2.0 + patches as well, but stability wise I had less issues with GOf 1.2 than with 2.0 + patches. From the content side of things, don't quote me on that, but if I remember correctly, GOF 1.2 had a bit more content as well.

Maybe I will try because I found very bad bug. The enemy firing from the cannons so fast. Or quickly is the correct world? I dont know but I just want say that enemy reload cannons so fast. But it is very, very fast.

And I have a one question of you. If I would just play vanilla game which mod is best what do not have to many changes of game? I dont want bugs in a game an so on but I wanna play without mods. If you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Maybe I will try because I found very bad bug. The enemy firing from the cannons so fast. Or quickly is the correct world? I dont know but I just want say that enemy reload cannons so fast. But it is very, very fast.

And I have a one question of you. If I would just play vanilla game which mod is best what do not have to many changes of game? I dont want bugs in a game an so on but I wanna play without mods. If you know what I mean.
The best English mod is Eras II. Best Russian mod is CSP (Corsairs ship pack). Don't waste your time on GOF mods, they haven't been supported a long time ago.

Eras II is a mod offered by the devs over at buccaneersreef. It's a highly historical mod (no fantasy elements in the game), based on a different engine foundation (Maelstrom). I can definitely recommend trying out the mod as well as the engine since the engine is, at least in my opinion, in a couple of ways superior compared to the stock engine of Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships. However, as far as I remember, the mod is only offered for their Maelstrom engine, not for the Storm engine, meaning that you would first have to buy the Maelstrom engine for 12 dollars on itch.io.

However, as far as I remember, the mod is only offered for their Maelstrom engine, not for the Storm engine, meaning that you would first have to buy the Maelstrom engine for 12 dollars on itch.io.
You remember correctly.

Eras II is a mod offered by the devs over at buccaneersreef. It's a highly historical mod (no fantasy elements in the game), based on a different engine foundation (Maelstrom). I can definitely recommend trying out the mod as well as the engine since the engine is, at least in my opinion, in a couple of ways superior compared to the stock engine of Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships. However, as far as I remember, the mod is only offered for their Maelstrom engine, not for the Storm engine, meaning that you would first have to buy the Maelstrom engine for 12 dollars on itch.io.
I saw some pics but the game look same like original.

I saw some pics but the game look same like original.
As far as I am aware, ERAS 2 was started as a mod for the original City of Abandoned Ships game.
I'm not sure how much was added/changed. At least a whole bunch of new character textures and ships, I believe.

Back