• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Gentlemen Of Fortune: how i can change the flags?

He wants a different English flag. So need to replace the texture file.
The question is: Does anyone have a better version? I don't.

I can't remember what it looked like, having uninstalled that game. Is it different to the PotC one? You could use/copy that I guess.

I think RESOURCE\Textures\flagall.tga.tx is the file you need. That's what it is in original PotC, AoP and CoAS.
PotC Build 14 is very different though.

You are right Pieter, though I wouldn't say entirely different, just different storage methods. Unique yet similar in concept. I admit to disliking the base flags and the ones from gentleman of fortune myself. I went into POTC build 14 took my favorite flag set cropped the images down to scale and put them into the flagall.tga.tx file. I am now proudly enjoying a not so poorly designed flag set courtesy of your flag makers. :drunk

My first post in these forums I think, but since I have been having fun with the games, running across questions, and having some fun modding for myself I thought I would try and join in :)

Welcome, mate! :doff

You are right Pieter, though I wouldn't say entirely different, just different storage methods.
It's indeed still similar in Build 14, of course. Just a lot more advanced. And the files are in a different spot. :shrug

Back