• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Geralt of Rivia

If anyone knows which sword this is feel free to post about it, but please put it in a spoiler.
I don't know that exact sword but it looks very much like a claymore. One of these days, this is going to be imported from GoF:
claymore.jpg

No plans at the moment, which is why I haven't imported it. Two-handed swords like this claymore weren't in general use past the 16th century, so their only use in PoTC would be special weapons for quests or specific characters.

Which makes me think... isn't Jaoquin de Masse pretty much a Maltese Knight?
If so, how about if he gets a more medieval-style sword to match?

He's a Maltese Knight so perhaps he should have the Maltese Knight Sword. :D

That's not a particularly powerful sword, though, and is from the stock game. Someone decided to give him a Venetian Cutlass instead, possibly for no reason other than to put one of the mod's new swords into action. Perhaps a Knights Templar Sword would be both suitably powerful and appropriate to the character.

Though if the player does not have a decent sword at the time when Jaoquin de Masse joins the party, he might not keep that Knights Templar Sword for very long. Accept the free officer from the church, take his sword, then fire him. xD Or we could let Jaoquin de Masse have the Maltese Knight Sword, and if the player (a) has something better to spare and (b) wants to use Jaoquin as an active party member, Jaoquin can be given something better.

I am going to start from scratch-ish, I talked to a fellow Witcher 3 modder about using their Aerondight model and I now have permission to port it to PotC.

Here is the model I am going to use (in The Witcher 3):
3411-1543866703-492129194.png

3411-1543866676-1413541118.png

You can download the original Witcher 3 mod here: Aerondight Replacer

Thank you raydess for letting me use your model, and for making it in the first place.

Edit: I gave away the swords name. :facepalm

Anyway, I guess if someone where to answer they would have by now.

Last edited:
Back