• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help GOF 1.2 (from clean install) Help Mod toggle please

Graham Gibbons

Lord Awesome
Title pretty much sums this up.

(1) Age of pirates clean install.

(2) Age of pirates : GOF 1.0 install

(3) Age of pirates : GOF 1.2 Install

Installed No DVD patch ( <--- i think this is the cause of my issues .... help would be appreciated )

OPTIONS MENU : Cannot see a toggle on or off for realistic settings. ( Loving the mod but want to actually
see the amount of cannons on a ship etc via my awesome spy glass ... i know .. just the kind of guy i am )

Bottom right of screen has :

Accept : Default : *something in a language i can not read that looks like " reinstall " but is not exact.

Click accept : accepts hotkey functions i have changed
( i remapped the fighting keys so Q is swap stance , E is block and C is shoot works for me .. )

Default : Returns hot keys to default selection..

Last option simply cancels out of screen.......

So my question is : How do i actually toggle the mods on and off????

I like most of them ... realistic wieghts etc ... but i really want to use the vanilla version of the spy glass
so i can read the cannon numbers ,,, stats of the guy etc ;)

Any help would be appreciated .....

FYI: No: before anyone asks i did not pirate this game.
I actually found it at EB games in Albany ( Western Australia ) For $20 discount bin...
Tried it ... had some issues installing ( Second hand .. yea enjoyed the scratches .. and there
is only soo much you can work around with toothpaste ) .. but managed it .. but had issues getting
The disk to to varify on intial load up . Hence the No Cd patch.

PS: If really required .. i can always use my phone and take a picture of the receipt if thats what its going to take to get assitance on this matter.

Either way .. Thanks anyone and everyone for any assitance ;)

Graham Gibbons
Denmark , Western Australia
Facebook: GrahamGibbonsRenton@hotmail.com
Hotmail: GrahamGIbbonsRenton@hotmail.com

Are you able to selsect Mod options? If so the first one should be the one for spyglass. You can toggle this one to On, or Off(COAS default) by clicking on it. Then click accept. Your Mod options now saved, you can close the options window.

Do you see the GOF screen at all? Should say COAS GOF 1.2 and the loading icon is that of a chain-shot instead of wheel or skull.

EDIT: You might screwed it up by copying a no-dvd exe after installing the mod.

Nope. I see the original Age Of Pirates 2 screen. However , the bottom right has the GOF1.2 edition text.

Also the loading screen has the chain-shot instead of the skull ;) And for all intensive purposes the mod is active ..
I just cant turn on or off any mods via the actual game.

( prefer to avoid text editing .... )

UPDATE: Got hold of a ISO ( Something i probably should of done myself when i first noticed the damage to the dam disc right .... But noooo had to go look for a no dvd exe dll didnt i ..... ) .

Going to do a Full uninstall and Reinstall .... in the following order

Uninstall Game.
Delete Remaining Folder and files.
Reinstall Game Vanilla Of ISO. ( Bugger the Disk at this stage .. its well and truly stuffed )
Install Mod Gentlemen Of fortune Full 1.2
Install Mod Gentlemen of Fortune Full 1.2 patch

And see how we go ..

If this is the wrong order .. please let me know ;)

Sorry just checked mod names

(1)GoF_1.2_Full_Release_Patch_1.0
(2)GoF! 1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0

Is that right? The one with ! is installed after the other one? And GoF 1.2 Full_Release is put on STRAIGHT AFTER the vanilla install???

Ok. Did fresh install ... added step 1 and step 2 from above ... run time error.
Cruised the forum .. google .... updated anti pirate software thing ... update c+ stuff ... still got it.
Checked folder sizes ... all good legimate install etc. Still ... working on the basis that this is client side issue as i know
the game works .. heck i had it running before just couldnt turn off mods.

Doing another FRESH install directly on desktop.
JUST finished vanilla install.

Update.

(1) Vanilla install. Launched game. No problems.

(2) Install " GoF_1.2_Full_Release_Patch_1.0 " . Launched game : RUN TIME ERROR.

Updated C+ .
Updated tagged.

Not sure what else to do.

Heck cant even remember how to install vanilla version ADD no dvd fix and then "GoF_1.2_Full_Release_Patch_1.0"
Like i did last time ..... which worked ironically .... sigh.

Help , suggestions .. appreciated

Ok. Last attempt semi worked.

Fresh install.
Installed GOF 1.0
Installed GOF 1.2 Full release patch 1.0 ( Full mod apparently )
Installed GOF! 1.2 Full release patch 1.0 ( patch for above apparently )

Game loads.
No run time errors.
Kripple Shot icon replaced Skull on loading.
Main Screen same as vanillia except for
--> Bottom right has Mod name and version number as Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2 patch 1.0

No mod toggle on / off in options screen

Default GOF 1.2 mods are running and in effect in game.

IE: Spyglass is set to realistic ... waves ... wind ... weight etc.
===========================================================

Which of the MOD ON _ OFF text files do i edit to manually change spyglass to vanilla?

It's been a while since I played GOF other versions, but sure 2.0 is easy to install. Any particular reason why you want to play it over the newer version? I am not even sure that mod options are selectable in GOF 1.2

The empty dialog box use to be a bug, but it was fixed years ago, you shouldn't be having that problem.

Back