• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved GoF 1.2 Won't work - Total newb never played

Gareth Sims

Landlubber
Hi,

I bought CoAS, and installed it. I bought it from AMERICA to England because I was so excited by this mod (I played PoTBS, make wooden model ships, etc).

I then installed 1.2 (extracted the ZIP onto the Playlogic folder, and click YES TO ALL when prompted to override)

I then did the same with the 1.2 patch.

I then try and run the game, and get this error:

"the drivers require installation (with permission from administrator)

do you wish to continue?"

I click YES:

"unable to proceed (error 1275)".

Please advise? :)

Gaz

Ahoy mate, welcome aboard!

The problem you are having is with the TAGES drivers, the games copy protection. Do not install the stock game to the default Program Files directory, this will cause major problems on Vista and Windows 7. You will need to get the latest version of the TAGES drivers to run the game properly on Windows 7 and you can get them from their web page HERE. Be sure and choose the correct version for your system, either 32 bit or 64 bit.

These drivers must be installed with Administrator privileges, sometimes it as simple as right clicking the install file and choosing "Run Program as Administrator". Other times it actually has to be ran from an administrator account, which is a whole nother ball game. You can find out how to do that HERE! This can get rather tricky, and I would suggest that you be disconnected from the internet while you are in that account, and disable it and reboot immediately after you have installed the drivers.

Perfect, just downloaded the 64bit drivers and installed, no reinstallation required.

Why arent these tages drivers included in the 1.2 file, and why arent they mentioned in the read me?! :)

thanks again

Gaz

That is very true we should have included the tags so those who need to install them could, or at least provide a link to them. Sorry for that, but you got it working now which is the main thing.:onya

The TAGES drivers aren't included with GOF because they are not ours, and because DRM sucks!

I thought that it used to be part of the FAQ somewhere, but I may be mistaken. :shrug

Back