• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gof 2.0 How does authority work? And how to edit max attributes?

Pharos3224

Landlubber
Does authority affect crew? like boarding fighting morale? Enemy ships striking their colours?

Does authority affect the number of officers you can have? like each in every available position?

Also I only get 21 or so attributes I would like for them all to be 10 how do I edit this?

I'm not familiar enough with CoAS to give any answers; and I'm not sure who here might know better.
Maybe @The Nameless Pirate or @Mirsaneli...?

Best I can do for you is mention your question on our Discord:
Join the PiratesAhoy! Discord Server!
I'll let you know if anyone has any answers there. :doff

To be honest, I never messed with those things when I was modding GoF 1.2 and I have to admit that I never liked GOF 2.0. To me, it looks like an unfinished project and many thing are broken compared to GoF 1.2

Ya I noticed considerable lagg during simple naval battles despite having top notch computer. Never had lagg before with this game.

To be honest, I never messed with those things when I was modding GoF 1.2 and I have to admit that I never liked GOF 2.0. To me, it looks like an unfinished project and many thing are broken compared to GoF 1.2
PiratesAhoy! never really did release a satisfying mod for CoAS, did we? :facepalm

Well, after I finish my New Horizons port for Maelstrom, it can be technically threated like you did :D
Sorry... I really don't understand what you mean... o_O

Even when I read it as "treated", I still don't get it. :eek:

I thought technically New Horizons for Maelstrom will be some kind of COAS-like project. And sorry for mispelling treat :D
"New Horizons" on Maelstrom is still "PotC: New Horizons" and therefore a completely different game from CoAS altogether.
Right...? :confused:

I'm not familiar enough with CoAS to give any answers; and I'm not sure who here might know better.
Maybe @The Nameless Pirate or @Mirsaneli...?
I am not exactly sure. I have played both COAS and TEHO in the past, but I can't seem to remember exactly what Authority does.
I think it has to do with your morality and what officers will work for you best. But I could be wrong on this. :unsure
Maybe @mitrokosta knows more?

True.
Which does make it a little bit a mix between the two...

One step towards a potential merge?
Who knows...? :cheeky
who knows what comes from it :D
It would indeed make sense. GOF from what I gather never lived up to it's true potential under PA!.
However there still are some things that are in GOF but not in NH, so it would make sense to bring those over.

Can someone tell me what file and what line to edit that affects my characters Authority? I wanted maximum authority but can not find anything in RPGUtilite file that affects it. Thanks

Back