• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug GoF 2 + 1.5b questions

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Hi there, long time no see :)

It's been a while since playing any "Corsair" game and so I'm not really firm with all the peculiarities of this game...

• I've disabled "realistic salaries" (as in the beginning it'l break your neck) and I'm playing the "Blood" campaign. There was a bug, so I don't have the cannoneer (not a biggie as I'm gonna start of trading anyway), but the navigator alone wants ~70k gold per month!?
  • Secondly: he does not have ANY equipment; so he does not defend himself in land battles! Alas, I cannot "trade" with him to give him a sword and pistol!?
  • Do I sail faster with more Sailors? I wouldn't think so, but they are need for reloading the guns and when boarding, but when playing as a merchant?
Thanks in advance for any help/pointers!

cheers!

Ok, maybe because of much saving and reloading, the salary dropped to manageable ... 7-8k

And for the second "problem": is there a way (via console maybe) to give him a sword and pistol? I don't mind cheating this way, as this IS a bug, because he already fought beside me... (in a different save).
Maybe this gets sorted out automatically as the salary issue, but not even AoP had these kind of bugs...

Ok, now I'm sure it's a bug: when right clicking any item in the F2 menu, it specifically says that on land you "trade" with your officers to give them stuff (I guess health potions will work just like in the preceding games?).

But there is no trade action available at all!

I know a little bit of programming, so maybe you could point me in the right direction and I'll try to debug this myself?^^
(like the correlating .c file)

Hmm. Or else just playing GOF2 or the Supermod? At the time I played those I liked the Supermod a little better but it didn't play nice with my system at that time. GOF2 ran fine until I got towards the end game and the game engine was simply overloaded and it started crashing. 30 ship battles did not end well.

Ok, so it's the same with Supermod (actually the file is called "gof2hi", not sure about all the different mod-versions...)

When I talk to an officer I can choose:
  • Listen to my orders
  • You are fired
  • Nothing
Is the way you give items to your officers different in this game?? The manual only states:
"Officers choose their equipment automatically, after you exchange items with them or buy something from a shop."
But doesn't say how to exchange items!

Though I haven't found out how yet...

Are there any cheats to edit a person's inventory?

What if you press Enter when standing in front of the officer?
That's how it worked in original PotC at least.

Well, just shoot me dead... I found the error of my ways :oops:

You don't "talk" to them, but use the "Command" key and there you can "trade" with your offers :modding

sry m8's!
(but they could've added that little info in the manual^^)

LOL, right on time! Thanks, I just figured it out. :cheers
(man do I feel dumb... *argh*)
Wouldn't worry about it, mate. We all make mistakes.
And I've certainly seen far bigger ones. Made them too. ;)

Back