• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug GoF - CoAS Quest - Bug with Narwhal Clan!

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Shit.

While looking for loot, I cleaned out the ship Valesco where the Narwhal Clan is located. Meaning I killed everyone.
When looking at the walkthrough though, 1 of them should actually be invulnerable!

Because when I enter the Valesco with the 3 helpers, the ship is totally empty. When talking to them, they say something like "yeah, we did it" and "chad will be pleased".
But the quest log doesn't update and the doors are locked.

-> I somehow need to spawn one Narwhal guy back in!
(maybe it would be enough to teleport to the residence?)

Help please! :(

I suspect you are playing GOF mode, or a derivative. GOF generated the Narval_head character with an incorrect model name. I fixed this in my versions awhile back. If you are not playing a GOF mod (or similar), then don't do what shows below...you might have something else wrong and this won't work with vanilla COAS (different model name for stock COAS).

You will either need to teleport out, or launch a save before you entered the room and reenter after performing one of the following:

Fix 1: In a file explorer, go to RESOURCE\MODELS\Characters

Make a copy and paste file: Corsair1_3.gm to the same directory.
Rename your copied file to: corsiar1_3.gm

Go back into room and the character should be there, but the animation will be messed up, with texture planes all over the place and will be difficult to see what's going on.

...or...

Fix 2: Requires the setup mode that enables the F4 console key (I assume if you are running GOF, that is probably already enabled)

Open Program\console.c in a text editor and replace the contents with the following

Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
  int idxMent = GetCharacterIndex("Narval_head");
  if (idxMent != -1) {
        sld = &characters[idxMent];
        LAi_SetImmortal(sld, false);
        sld.model = "corsair1_3";
        sld.model.animation = "man";
        Log_SetStringToLog("Success");
  }
}

Save, launch game, teleport out (or launch save before entering), press F4 and you should see the "Success" show in the upper right messages. Then you may enter.

sry, forgot to add: GoF 2 + 1.5b

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

... for the super-fast reply!
and because it worked flawlessly!!
(I just renamed the model so it could spawn; it would probably also work if one would rewrite the )

cheers!
:cheers

Back