• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF Historical Eras Module #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fairly easy fix, but requires a NEW GAME or you can "purchase" a new Arabella from a shipyard use the tweak I use to spawn specific ships immediately located here (http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/testing-out-a-new-ship-in-game-the-easy-way.21597/) which should update this ship with a system reinit of the file.

You need to change one line in the Ships_init.c.

Find the //Frigate Arabella// quest ship (its near the bottom of the file):

locate this line:

refship.CabinType = "Cabin_Medium"; // boal 28.03.05

CHANGE IT TO:

refship.CabinType = "Cabin"; // boal 28.03.05

This will give you the larger proper cabin based on the size of the ship.
The "Cabin_Huge" which is found on some very large ships is meant for Man-O-Wars and First Rate ships.

Enjoy!

Brilliant! Thank you!

But now I am curious why grasping or sinking a pirate results in negative reputation. What the hell?

Thats a problem with the base game. ANY kind of boarding action in which you win causes your personal "honor" to drop. So even if you are boarded by some filthy pirates, your character can quickly go from a dashing hero to scoundrel :(

Do you plan to add a flag mod like flag mod in new horizon ? with flag for city and fort, ensign and pennant for marchant and military navy ? it would be awesome *.*

How is it that there are some ports whose stores have absolutely no shot (of any kind), powder, food, rum, medicine, planks, sailcloth... I think these are things that all warehouses should have. Sure, certain ports should lack certain goods given the export of specialties, import of needed goods, and certain goods that are embargoed, but to not have the basic items, even if they are exported goods at that particular port? Is there a file I could modify to ensure these goods are always present? Like modifying certain variables that provide upper and lower limits of inventory?

That would be great... Im friggin tired of having to have a 400 men crew on my ship cause there isnt enough food in stores...

Anyone got a sound file to replace the Master and Commander battle sounds?

Last edited:
Anyone got a sound file to replace the Master and Commander battle sounds?

Sort of. I built my own Mod that replaces the screaming men at cannon reload with a short drum roll. It also replaces the anchor drop "Ker Plunck" sound arriving in port. The new sound is two pairs of bells. I haven't posted this mod because I intend on adding more sound replacements. Does this sound like something you would be interested in?

Gene

MK,

I found another significant bug, but this one is not serious and is fixable, and way late in the game.
It was a result of a non pre-GOF 1.2 patch FIX that was not included.
Fortunately its not game breaking but is very annoying if you want to use the character and you are a newbie in CoAS.

The Danielle Sheppard texture model (Enchanted City - Brig Queen) is still the OLD original 2009 version with the very low textures with completely reversed cross eyes.
Complete lack of portraits in game (battle, small, and large) after she joins the crew, and are not being used in game.

Two step fix:

1) Replace the Daniell2.tga.tx mode in RESOURCE\Textures\Characters with the updated russian texture model (1024X1024)
2) Initiate console.c F4 fix from BUHO (Sep 2011) after she has joined your crew to fix the portraits in game

The portraits won't match the texture model right now, but that can be fixed quickly when I get the portraits corrected.

The skeleton wire frame and animations are also wrong which leads to distortion in facial expressions and poses.

Cheers to the Captain!

UPDATE:

Here is a comparison low resolution shot in game after everything got fixed.
The way Danielle Sheppard was meant to be from the original game, but never properly finished by the game developers. Not surprising since her quest was somewhat complicated, long, and tied to Tenochtitlan.

However, she is an outstanding officer for your crew, even late in game and worth the effort.

I can upload the files (including all the proper portraits, animations, and model), but the actual reduced model texture itself I use is very large at the maximum 2048X2048 maximum MIP size (~22 Megs), but the quality is outstanding. This is what I am doing for all the major characters in game.

BTW, fixing her ponytail with the proper matching hair tie was not the most fun I have ever had.

Danielle Sheppard Model Texture Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
Sort of. I built my own Mod that replaces the screaming men at cannon reload with a short drum roll. It also replaces the anchor drop "Ker Plunck" sound arriving in port. The new sound is two pairs of bells. I haven't posted this mod because I intend on adding more sound replacements. Does this sound like something you would be interested in?

Gene
Yes thank you.When it is completed I will definitely use it.

There is Edward England's info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_England very little and osbcure,its not clear if he was English or Irish or mixed. He was not a Caribbean pirate. This is his for a time Captain also and more notorious pirate Charles Vane that did for some time take to the American coast. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Vane * http://crossandcutlass.blogspot.com/2009/02/charles-vane-charles-towne-pirate.html

I updated Edward England's wikipedia page with relevant information all reliably sourced.

Last edited:
Nice i checked wiki updated on this guy. Remember he was still a pirate not a saint lol!! He was an Indian Ocean and African coast Pirate so i don't know if he is eligble to be included in any of this mods. The perfect game maybe should have a map and scenarios in other areas instead of Caribee.Maybe some of you can do some mod that would change the caribee for African coast and Indian ocean. Would that be the next idea taken on for GOF,POTC or for future mods of those russian games when they get done in English.Who Knows? They certainly are a lot of work but maybe hearts of oak too.

Nice i checked wiki updated on this guy. Remember he was still a pirate not a saint lol!! He was an Indian Ocean and African coast Pirate so i don't know if he is eligble to be included in any of this mods. The perfect game maybe should have a map and scenarios in other areas instead of Caribee.Maybe some of you can do some mod that would change the caribee for African coast and Indian ocean. Would that be the next idea taken on for GOF,POTC or for future mods of those russian games when they get done in English.Who Knows? They certainly are a lot of work but maybe hearts of oak too.

True not a saint but most pirate historians agree he was a good natured man.Remember a lot of sailors turned to piracy
as a way of getting back at their former masters who for the most part owed them money and treated them abominably.
I would like to see him in game and MK has stated that he will include him in the next release of GOF Historical Eras Module.
He is ranked as number twelve in Forbes Top-Earning Pirates.
http://www.forbes.com/2008/09/18/top-earning-pirates-biz-logistics-cx_mw_0919piracy.html

Last edited:
OK. Iv recently found whilst playing eras that many ships when they strike their colours ,i can't board them. Its frustrating and iv decided not to play anymore until all this bugs and glitches are ironed. Its frustating and game breaking,sorry bros. That thing you get to speak to ship to ask surrender seems not to work well either.

Mr Seegar never took the Royal Pardon with Woodes Rogers and co. Privateers had the marque and many also where commisioned and legally bound(although many did commit henious crimes and barbarity)piracy can't be condoned,although the so called gentlemen of luck so forced by circumstance to turn to piracy or had to for some reason.Obviously we enjoy playing being a pirate in this games but the reality of a real pirate,that was a life of an outlaw full of danger. Not writing on real privateers and commisioned corsairs,many who acted like the outlaw pirates and sanctioned by some government to do their bidding.Was this a righteous act? Don't know but this crowns did'nt complain at the harm done to the enemy and gold coming in. Not much mention of Hawkins and Morgan this 2 privateers being most cruel and driven to their aims. Don't see why Edward can't be included in the game as other European pirates who operated in other theatres,as it can for game sakes an alternative history scenario,you yourselves wish to play and be the character.

Will an update be issued soon for game,that polishes known errors and that boarding surrender problem, adds a few more fun stuff and get us all geared this New Year.bytheway Happy New Year all gamer pirates ahoy!!

Will an update be issued soon for game,that polishes known errors and that boarding surrender problem, adds a few more fun stuff and get us all geared this New Year.bytheway Happy New Year all gamer pirates ahoy!!

If you read through the first post of this thread you will find the solution to this problem.

Only 29 people have downloaded the LAi_boarding file that I attached at the bottom of the first post of this topic thread. I have commented numerous times that this file will fix the boarding and surrender problems. A new game will be required after you put the new file in game.

A patch is coming but I'm not done yet because of personal delays and work related time issues. I'll have it done in a week or two.

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back