• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved GOF Mod Starting Rank editing and Money

nankura

Landlubber
Hey guys

I was just wondering, with POTC and AOP Carri tales, there were simple cheats, like potc with build mod. you could just press numpad to get your rank up, and it was an official rank, with points, hp, etc

And Carri tales, you had the ExpBooster and MoneyBooster type in cheats

AOP 2 all i can find is editing text files, but i am completely clueless in how to achieve what i want to achieve, which is not "overpowering" myself, but giving myself a phew extra ranks and abit more money at the start for a boost and i was wondering i can achieve this in AoP 2 GOF Mod or AoP 2 vanilla

Hey guys

I was just wondering, with POTC and AOP Carri tales, there were simple cheats, like potc with build mod. you could just press numpad to get your rank up, and it was an official rank, with points, hp, etc

And Carri tales, you had the ExpBooster and MoneyBooster type in cheats

AOP 2 all i can find is editing text files, but i am completely clueless in how to achieve what i want to achieve, which is not "overpowering" myself, but giving myself a phew extra ranks and abit more money at the start for a boost and i was wondering i can achieve this in AoP 2 GOF Mod or AoP 2 vanilla

there is a thread about this topic, there is no numpad cheat's but you can change your starting thing's such as rank skills exp ship and such,
that thread can be found by clicking this link

i saw that and its extremely helpful, but the one thing it doesnt show me, is how to change "rank", i seem to find how to change everything but that one area, or "experience"

i saw that and its extremely helpful, but the one thing it doesnt show me, is how to change "rank", i seem to find how to change everything but that one area, or "experience"

ill have a look :onya, just let me finish doing some IRL stuff first.

thanks, i dont mean to be a bother, ive just really tried looking how to get my rank up at the start, i did see some
"ch.experience =" characters_init.c, but changing it had no effect it seems and F11 devmode, only gave money and some items

thanks, i dont mean to be a bother, ive just really tried looking how to get my rank up at the start, i did see some
"ch.experience =" characters_init.c, but changing it had no effect it seems and F11 devmode, only gave money and some items

no bother :), yeah not sure about it. mainly play POTC, just recently started working with COAS.

well considering its a similiar engine, and AoP carri tales had u just change the shipname to a code which activated a rank up cheat, and POTC had the numpad script, everything in this seems to rely on a script, so im thinking its gotta be somewhere

imo a level up cheat was one of the only cheats i ever used when i needed that extra gain and just didnt have the time

well considering its a similiar engine, and AoP carri tales had u just change the shipname to a code which activated a rank up cheat, and POTC had the numpad script, everything in this seems to rely on a script, so im thinking its gotta be somewhere

imo a level up cheat was one of the only cheats i ever used when i needed that extra gain and just didnt have the time

had a look and have no idear sorry dude, you will have to wait until some one more experienced is on. :oops:

The PotC cheatmode was coded in by Modders and wasn't part of the original game. The CoAS devmode was added by the developers. So it should come as no surprise that they're quite different.
And as far as I'm aware, nobody bothered to put console functionality in the CoAS modpack either, even though I remember telling the CoAS Modders exactly how to do that.
You might want to check to be sure though; having a console would make this a whooole lot easier.

i have no clue how to find out if it uses a console or not. im not that talented, i just know how to edit a phew lines in scripts

If they installed the console as I told them, there would be a PROGRAM\console.c .

well that sucks XD, i guess its not really gonna be possible or happen. its just, i really do like AOP 2, but its hard to get into when AOP Carri tales, and POTC with build mod had such easier access to what a casual player needed to enjoy the game

Shame all AoP 2 modders are virtually never seen here anymore. Hopefully they'll show up again some time. :facepalm

Back