• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved GoF turn Rain off

Alistar

Lost Soul
My Laptop can handle the Game/Mod fine but it starts to lag alot when it starts to rain. Is it possible to turn the rain off or to decrease it in order to boost my fps?

Try decreasing antialiasing filtering in your graphic card configuration, and/or reduce a bit the filter mode (multisalpling, supersapling, etc)

I only modified the antialiasing filtering mode from supersampling to adaptative multisampling in my amd radeon without image quality drop, to get rid of the bit of lag when raining or viewing trough the smoke of the cannons after firing (deck view).

It is possible to stop all rain with file modifications to the weather files, but it would take a while. There is no toggle to turn rain on or off. I have the bracket keys enabled on GOF Eras to modify the weather if you don't like it. Not sure if GOF 1.2 or 2.0 have that. When it's raining try pushing one of your bracket keys a few times and see if the weather changes for you.

MK

Yes the bracket key's in GOF 1.2 and 2.0 should change the weather (left bracket reduced time by 1 hour and right bracket advances 1 hour). Since this is a problem for many people I will look into it and make it so you can enable or disable it via a the switches in option/mods (if you want the mod option as a switch MK, I will pass you the changes or the files, up to you

Last edited:
Back