• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Golden Cuirass not showing up enough

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Golden armour hasn't been touched. There would be no reason to remove it from the game, would there?

Only thing I can think of is that adding the extra armour types has influenced it somehow.
Though that wouldn't make much sense either.

As for the sword training, that should be available from any ordinary crewmember on your ship's deck.

I think the aviability of the armor shifts somehow because of the new leather armor. The leather armor shows up, when/where the cheap armor showed up earlier.. after that the battle armor shows up and a bit later as in earlier versions the golden shows up. At least, I feel like it is so. But imo, tweaking the leather armor a bit should be fine. We could maybe even remove the cheap cuirass, as it doesn't make much sense for me to wear it^^

i have one piece of the golden cuirass, i got it from a poor street merchant happened to bump into my blunt knife.

I did later get the golden cuirass at level 18. Now to get a hunnert more!

I will talk to my crewmen again.

If you start as sword master(background profession ) You will have the golden cuirass
from the beginning and a god blade too.

The golden cuirass should show up at level 15 and usually shows up at level 16. I am at level 18 and have not seen it yet. My officers and I are doing a lot of dying and I am saving at every map change as I am a 2-3 stroke kill. Has the golden cuirass been removed from the game?

The golden cuirass still exists. I haven't seen one for sale yet but I found one in a ship's chest. Which admittedly is odd, usually I have to buy a few long before they ever show up in chests. This is under Beta 3.4 with the 19th January zip update.

The golden cuirass still exists. I haven't seen one for sale yet but I found one in a ship's chest. Which admittedly is odd, usually I have to buy a few long before they ever show up in chests. This is under Beta 3.4 with the 19th January zip update.
And what's even odder, as I found when I resumed playing, is that I'm not level 15 yet. That explains why golden armour isn't in the shops, but doesn't explain what it was doing in a ship's chest...

And what's even odder, as I found when I resumed playing, is that I'm not level 15 yet. That explains why golden armour isn't in the shops, but doesn't explain what it was doing in a ship's chest...
Items can appear in random spots a few levels before they would appear in the ships. So that doesn't sound too strange to me.

Another version of the Oranjestad citizen dialog. Now, if you ask about their opinion on a local citizen, specifically the owner of the shipyard, they'll say something a little more appropriate given that there is no shipyard. xD
"The who of the what?" :razz

Thanks for that.

The guilded cuirass is all over the place now. It just starts to show up a little later than before.

Back