• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Good Day everyone, a small note on teho.

Capt. Klown

Landlubber
First time playing TEHO, somewhat challenging without a manual, but I have managed to muddle through. I hold an unlimited ocean masters captains license, U.S. and Panama. I have sailed Brigs, Barkentines and Baltic Traders in my younger days. (75 now) Whoever made this game had no clue about sailing. I start out in my little sloop on poart tack (wind comming from port side) the jib is clewed in on the starboard side wich means it's back winded and does not contribute to forward progress, the topsail yardarms ar not trimmed in enough to go to weather (beating to windard). However, My Absolute MAIN GRIPE is the squadrons of Pirates, 2, 3, amd sometimes 4 ships. I hate to tell the Devs that this did not happen in the Golden Age of Pirates. A maximum of 2 Pirate ships were together at one time and that was very rare. I think it's quite ridiculous to expect my sloop to fight and win against 3 Pirate ships, so I either reload or run (time waste and boring) good thing I have a fast ship. Other than that I am enjoying being back at sea again. I only wish I could figure out how to download and install the Mods. Remember guys we still had slide rules when I grew up.

Thats my rant of the day, thanks everyone for all the information you have made available.
Best Regards, Captain Klown

First time playing TEHO, somewhat challenging without a manual, but I have managed to muddle through. I hold an unlimited ocean masters captains license, U.S. and Panama. I have sailed Brigs, Barkentines and Baltic Traders in my younger days. (75 now) Whoever made this game had no clue about sailing. I start out in my little sloop on poart tack (wind comming from port side) the jib is clewed in on the starboard side wich means it's back winded and does not contribute to forward progress, the topsail yardarms ar not trimmed in enough to go to weather (beating to windard). However, My Absolute MAIN GRIPE is the squadrons of Pirates, 2, 3, amd sometimes 4 ships. I hate to tell the Devs that this did not happen in the Golden Age of Pirates. A maximum of 2 Pirate ships were together at one time and that was very rare. I think it's quite ridiculous to expect my sloop to fight and win against 3 Pirate ships, so I either reload or run (time waste and boring) good thing I have a fast ship. Other than that I am enjoying being back at sea again. I only wish I could figure out how to download and install the Mods. Remember guys we still had slide rules when I grew up.

Thats my rant of the day, thanks everyone for all the information you have made available.
Best Regards, Captain Klown
Hello.

Glad to have a real sailor around these waters to enjoy the game I recommend this mod that includes a map slows down the time on the global map and some other things.

Back