• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

government reputation

cwm33

Landlubber
Greetings fellow pirates!
I seem to be having a bit of an issue with government reputation, as in I just can't seem to raise it. I literally spent all day yesterday working for the English crown doing quests for governors, port authority and merchants but I'm still at neutral. I even started solely working for the charlottetown governor (and did so all afternoon) to try and get a letter of marque, and nothing! I would go and kill pirates/dutch/spanish patrols while waiting for the governor to think up another inane task...gotta have my booty calls! :keith

Mind you I do have Dev mode enabled so that I don't have to deal with silly things like rats/food/dying. :drunk

is there something in the Dev mode that prevents you from gaining rep/getting letters of marque? or are they just trying to drive me into full blown piracy? :sail

i think i have the same problem. im going to try plundering a few ships from france to get my rep negative again, paying a diplomat, and trying govenor quests again. maybe it'll reset everything, maybe not.

i think i have the same problem. im going to try plundering a few ships from france to get my rep negative again, paying a diplomat, and trying govenor quests again. maybe it'll reset everything, maybe not.

Hello Landlubbers. You will always remain neutral. You will only have to work for the governor. The merchant and port controller missions do not raise reputation. You will work for governors. After some missions they will deliver you with a patent. It is a license to work with the General Governor. The General Governor of england is in Port Royal Jamaica. He is the one sitting in front of the desk. The one standing is the governor of Jamaica only not England. The sitting one is The General Governor of England. As you get the Patent your relationship with england will become Admiration. Your tittle may become Corsair or Privateer or something else. Reply if it helps you.

Wishing you luck
P2000

Do not take offense for calling you landlubbers. I just meant that you are inexperienced. I have been playing AOP2 for the last 3 months.

Hey work for only one governor. Do not go to every city and do every governors jobs. Work for the governor of just one town.

Hello Landlubbers. You will always remain neutral. You will only have to work for the governor. The merchant and port controller missions do not raise reputation. You will work for governors. After some missions they will deliver you with a patent. It is a license to work with the General Governor. The General Governor of england is in Port Royal Jamaica. He is the one sitting in front of the desk. The one standing is the governor of Jamaica only not England. The sitting one is The General Governor of England. As you get the Patent your relationship with england will become Admiration. Your tittle may become Corsair or Privateer or something else. Reply if it helps you.

Wishing you luck
P2000

Do not take offense for calling you landlubbers. I just meant that you are inexperienced. I have been playing AOP2 for the last 3 months.

Hey, thanks for your answer!

I spent the majority of an afternoon working for a single governor (charlottetown), without him offering me a patent. Is there a ballpark number of missions that he gets you to do before offering one? If it's an entire weekend affair of trying to please one governor just for a patent I think I'd rather pillage and pirate my way into just buying a patent! :keith

LOL that is not cheating it is using the in game NPCs for a pirate town to get one faster :cheers
I agree that ISNT cheating its using your head (as being a pirate at heart ;))

CHEATING is gaining levels without having to do anything, or being IMMORTAL or gaining money you didn't earn... even gaining reputation by the touch of a button is cheating xD:

If you want an increase in reputation, work for the church. The priest will tell his nation about your good deeds and reputation raises.

Back