• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Governor-General wont let me work

jamin85

Landlubber
I have already complete the English Governor-Generals quests. I went and purchased a french privateer license and went to the French Governor-General to start the french missions but he wont trust me with secrets because i have been moonlighting with the English. I captured Martinique for the English a long time ago, so i tried returning it to the french, but he still gives me the same message. I've also tried waiting a while after obtaining the license. Any ideas on how to get the french missions?

De story be goin' dat ye kin only foller one quest line, so choose wisely, matey!
rolleyes.gif

Although I have not found a way to do two quests-national lines.
But you can do the quest-line pirate after the quest-line national. Talk with Jackman to Bermuda and then with Goodley in Puerto Principe.

Yepp,
as they said: only one nation + pirates!
Though I read somewhere in the Forum that you can change some values in the game data which gives you the opportunity to play more national questlines but its not recommended because it could mess something up. for example one part of the english missions is to attack fort orange on jamaica while a part of the dutch mission is to defend it. So I wouldnt mess with those files.

isabella like sh*T...always complain all about my job....!! :sail
and when i wanna fcuk her ,she feel headeck..lol... :modding

key when u wanna fcuk her is give golden item ..such material women..lol....but that reallife lol... xD:

Thanks for the tips guys. I have another related question. Does anyone know if its possible to start one countries missions, without completing and then switch to a different country. i.e. I want to do the British missions up to the point when I get Morgan's rapier and then switch to the French Missions so i can get Soleil Royal?

Thanks for the tips guys. I have another related question. Does anyone know if its possible to start one countries missions, without completing and then switch to a different country. i.e. I want to do the British missions up to the point when I get Morgan's rapier and then switch to the French Missions so i can get Soleil Royal?
Not know if it's payout to do this.
Maybe you need to make hostile acts toward his country, and lose the letter.
I've tried, but nothing. It was not enough. Perhaps we must insist.
Try it too. If you can, report them.

Not possible. Once you start a GG quest line, that's it, you're stuck with it. If it's the Morgan's Rapier you're after, you can get one in one of the chests on the ocean floor in COAS.

I just bought the Soleil Royal...
It was for sale in some shipyards (COAS CM V2 Patch2). Dont know if its a changed version of this ship but I dont care about it. It has 112 cannons like the one you get in the french missions. So either way you can get both the rapier and the soleil with only one national quest line. :onya

Similar question to the one starting this thread mates.....I also can't start the Governor's quests in my current game, but haven't done any of them prior for anyone yet. The only thing I can think of is that I did the first part of the Morgan quest where you get thrown in prison and Morgan breaks you out and says he will call for you again. The Governors say I have a reputation for hanging about unsavory persons.

Am I right? Have I shut myself out of the Governor's questlines by initiating this first leg of the Morgan quest?

MK

Similar question to the one starting this thread mates.....I also can't start the Governor's quests in my current game, but haven't done any of them prior for anyone yet. The only thing I can think of is that I did the first part of the Morgan quest where you get thrown in prison and Morgan breaks you out and says he will call for you again. The Governors say I have a reputation for hanging about unsavory persons.

Am I right? Have I shut myself out of the Governor's questlines by initiating this first leg of the Morgan quest?

MK

I think you have to finish the pirate questline before you can do the GG quests.

MK

I think you have to finish the pirate questline before you can do the GG quests.
Yes.
The problem is the first dialogue with Jackman, who sends you to Goodley.
To make the quest-line national, you must start it before talking to Jackman.
It is not enough to have already branded the letter. You must have spoken with GG.

Damn :modding, Thanks anyway. I was really hoping I was wrong. Oh well, guess I'll start a new game. Guess it gives me an excuse to download all the new content in the CMOD since January.

MK

AFAIK You dont have to start a new game, you just have to do the pirates quest line til you finish the quest "Finding Steve Linney". Then Morgan gives you the opportunity to start working for a general governor first before doing his last quest. At least thats what I know.

AFAIK You dont have to start a new game, you just have to do the pirates quest line til you finish the quest "Finding Steve Linney". Then Morgan gives you the opportunity to start working for a general governor first before doing his last quest. At least thats what I know.
Yes it is. And it is best to do the quest-line pirate (until Linney) and then the quest-line national.
The quest-line pirate is fun, but Morgan considers you a noob! :urgh
In the quest-lines of Nations, the Governor considers you a Buccaneer expert! :doff

Back