• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Governor Ship Bounty Hunting - false nationality. My progress

Meitnerium

Sailor Apprentice
if you go to an English townhall, you ll receive bounty missions with only English ships as bounties. This makes it impossible to finish them. Happens the same if you visit Spanish, French or any other governor. Here is the save data.

I have finished Tales of the Sea Hawk on Swashbuckler without any cheats or hacks and it works flawlessly. Took me like 10-20 h of gameplay. The end battle against Black Pearl is a little bit broken: If you are too powerful, Black Pearls runs and escapes before you can pass the tiny passage of Cozumel - there is no fast travel.

Other than that you could fix cannon dmg or ship hull points because it takes forever to destroy ships in mid-game. Endgame should become more difficult, like ships with higher Damage per Second. And a secret battle zone with only tier 1 and boss ships.

If you have low reputation on a island and force-trade in a store (you sell for lower price), then this decision becomes irreversible and makes changes globally: You get terrible prices on all islands.

Curse Ships or having mysterious coins consume infinite amount of sail cloth. Sails condition always remain at 99%.

Having a diversity of healing items doesnt make any difference and confuses. They have same healing duration and heal per second.

Stinkpots and poisoned knives allow me to rob street vendors without alerting anyone.

Some shipyards pay more for the ships than they are actually worth. This allows for rebuy and resale exploits - giviing infinite money and exp. Happens mostly with Tier 8-6 merchant ships

And most importantly: Capturing ships is entirely broken. See my save data. Like 95% of the time it fails. Either you meet the enemy captain and have a blank conversation - or no enemy captain at all without any option of leaving the ship.

This is 4.1 Beta with newest updates

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 789.rar
    858.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
if you go to an English townhall, you ll receive bounty missions with only English ships as bounties. This makes it impossible to finish them. Happens the same if you visit Spanish, French or any other governor. Here is the save data.
@Levis, that is specifically meant to NOT happen. And I know it doesn't with the last EXE.
I thought you fixed that again?

I have finished Tales of the Sea Hawk on Swashbuckler without any cheats or hacks and it works flawlessly. Took me like 10-20 h of gameplay. The end battle against Black Pearl is a little bit broken: If you are too powerful, Black Pearls runs and escapes before you can pass the tiny passage of Cozumel - there is no fast travel.
Black Pearl is supposed to "fight to the death"! :shock

We also still have an open Bug Tracker entry that, when addressed, should make Sail-To available again.

Other than that you could fix cannon dmg or ship hull points because it takes forever to destroy ships in mid-game. Endgame should become more difficult, like ships with higher Damage per Second.
How can we make fights faster in the mid-game and harder in the late game at the same time? :confused:

And a secret battle zone with only tier 1 and boss ships.
How and where? Like an island that always has Tier 1 ships around it?
What nationality? Why would they be there?

If you have low reputation on a island and force-trade in a store (you sell for lower price), then this decision becomes irreversible and makes changes globally: You get terrible prices on all islands.
Wait, whaaaat??? Can anyone confirm? :shock

Having a diversity of healing items doesnt make any difference and confuses. They have same healing duration and heal per second.
They do give different amounts of HP.

Curse Ships or having mysterious coins consume infinite amount of sail cloth. Sails condition always remain at 99%.
Can't be. The torn sails that result from being cursed are purely cosmetic.

Stinkpots and poisoned knives allow me to rob street vendors without alerting anyone.
IF you don't get caught.

Some shipyards pay more for the ships than they are actually worth. This allows for rebuy and resale exploits - giviing infinite money and exp. Happens mostly with Tier 8-6 merchant ships
@Levis: Didn't you fix that ages ago?

And most importantly: Capturing ships is entirely broken. See my save data. Like 95% of the time it fails. Either you meet the enemy captain and have a blank conversation - or no enemy captain at all without any option of leaving the ship.
Again @Levis?

@Pieter Boelen @Meitnerium

Given blank captain dialogue on capture is being reported, it sounds like the initial cabinfight dialogue bug that was fixed a couple of weeks ago, on september 16th. Fixed - Empty dialogue screen with enemy captain | PiratesAhoy!

I think this fix was included in the september 23rd extra installation update, so Meitnerium might be missing the latest extra installation bug fixes. Even if he was keeping up with the latest Levis fixes, they don't innclude all the files from thst extra installation update.

Meinerium, try installing that september 23rd extra installation update from the 4.1 thread, then afterwards reinstall the latest Levis fixes (since you will need to overwrite some files).

Several of the reported bugs above haven't been fixed or changed recently though, so should still be looked into at some point.

@Pieter Boelen I think then they would have wrong dialogue, not blank. The blank part is what causes me to think it is the issue fixed september 16th.

Also, it wouldn't happen the 95% of the time he reports, the special dialog issue isn't all that frequent, whereas the issue fixed september 16th was very frequent.

I think then they would have wrong dialogue, not blank. The blank part is what causes me to think it is the issue fixed september 16th.
It can also be blank if the wrong dialog node is assigned.

Also, it wouldn't happen the 95% of the time he reports, the special dialog issue isn't all that frequent, whereas the issue fixed september 16th was very frequent.
But that's a fair point, so you may be right. :yes

I'm also tending to that interpretstion because it explains some of the other issues reported that should already be fixed.

Still, some of the things reported above sound new, and should be looked into. I shamelessly say knowing that I'm not around to do the actual work of looking into them.:p

@Levis, that is specifically meant to NOT happen. And I know it doesn't with the last EXE.
I thought you fixed that again?
I believe I fixed it in here yes:
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)] | PiratesAhoy!

force-trade?

@Levis: Didn't you fix that ages ago?
I did, so I would like a savegaem @Meitnerium where you have a ship and tell me what you need to do to generate this exploid ..

Again @Levis?
This is the problem with the cabinfight_dialog. its an open bug atm I hope to fix tonight.

force-trade?
If you're hostile to a nation and/or have terrible reputation, you may normally not be able to do business at all.
But if you have a Commerce > 5, then you CAN. But for a "reduced price". This is handled with the 'TradeLow' variable, if I recall.

If you're hostile to a nation and/or have terrible reputation, you may normally not be able to do business at all.
But if you have a Commerce > 5, then you CAN. But for a "reduced price". This is handled with the 'TradeLow' variable, if I recall.
ah ok. would need to look into that then. maybe the variable isn't removed or something like that ...

It's a global variable. Maybe indeed it isn't being reset back again.

Back