• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Governor's Town Tavern Door Bug

Redbeard

Sailor
Uh. Not sure what happened here. Freeplay. Blackbeard. Quartermaster, Sloop.

Never seen this quest before, but to sum it all up. I had a quest to deliver cargo. Arrived. Nighttime, so I decided to stay in the tavern. Don't really read about the rooms I get, just click through it. I woke up in the cellar! With a level 1, with 2 melee skill. :p Luckily I stocked up on bandages. I fought my way out, found myself near a bridge overlooking the beach. I quick-traveled back to my ship after killing everyone, and then quick traveled to the tavern.

I emerged from quick travel NOT at the entrance to the tavern, but from my room upstairs, just outside the door on the stairs. I tried to leave, but it said the main entrance to the tavern, was a locked entrance to the cellar...
... to leave I had to go back up to my room, which was now labeled outside.

Very odd. So I went back in, same issue. Looks like the doors got mixed up somehow.

Attachments

• -=Redbeard=- Eleuthera.zip
    692.9 KB · Views: 136
The Tavern owner dialog indicates that sleeping in the cellar is intentional.
You should be able to get out though of course.

I tested and: you can hire a "room" which in this tavern is the cellar. It's open back up to the tavern
so I met no problem. :shrug

The save I provided takes place after everything happened. Check the doors, notice how you cannot leave out the front?

I loaded your savegame and checked the doors: I can leave to town, no problem.

Uh. Not sure what happened here. Freeplay. Blackbeard. Quartermaster, Sloop.

Never seen this quest before, but to sum it all up. I had a quest to deliver cargo. Arrived. Nighttime, so I decided to stay in the tavern. Don't really read about the rooms I get, just click through it. I woke up in the cellar! With a level 1, with 2 melee skill. :p Luckily I stocked up on bandages. I fought my way out, found myself near a bridge overlooking the beach. I quick-traveled back to my ship after killing everyone, and then quick traveled to the tavern.

I emerged from quick travel NOT at the entrance to the tavern, but from my room upstairs, just outside the door on the stairs. I tried to leave, but it said the main entrance to the tavern, was a locked entrance to the cellar...
... to leave I had to go back up to my room, which was now labeled outside.

Very odd. So I went back in, same issue. Looks like the doors got mixed up somehow.
Looking at "PROGRAM\Locations\init\Eleuthera.c", it seems that the confusingly named "Eleuthera_tavern_upstairs" is actually the cellar. Cellars are normally downstairs. So going upstairs to a cellar is going to look odd. My guess is that the doors are intentionally swapped round, the door outside in the port leads to the door upstairs inside the tavern, and perhaps you didn't notice that when you first entered the tavern. Meanwhile, what would be the door to the outside world from any normal tavern is the door to the Eleuthera tavern cellar.

If I read the location file correctly, the cellar has three exits - one back to the tavern, one to the shore, and one to a cavern. At level 1 and Melee 2, you're probably lucky you didn't find the cavern. :rpirate

The location ID says "upstairs" because otherwise sleeping there would not work right.
You don't notice that while ingame though.

Ah good to know. I have never been to that tavern before, so I just assumed it was a bug. My mistake! Sorry everyone!
No problem. When in doubt, report it. If it's checked out and found not to be a bug, no harm is done. If it's not reported and it is a bug then it doesn't get fixed and stays in the game, which is not good.

Back