• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Graphic Anomolly

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Does anyone know what might be causing this? A screenshot during boarding.

Are there any ships - nearby ( or arround the island ) that have been sunk - or lost their masts.

The dreaded Graphic Anomollies strike again ( or should I say continue ).

:shock

Last summer I thought we were starting to get a handle on it as people were reporting it getting less and less, but now it is just about as bad as ever. :rumgone

It is not even consistent anymore. I can have one battle where lots of ships lose masts and it stays clear, and the next battle with similar ship has GA so bad it is hard to see. :modding

This is different from regular GA because it's in "3D walking around" mode and not 3D sailing mode, right?
I HAVE occasionally seen weird stuff there on boardings as well, which is usually pieces of sail floating in mid-air.
Could this possibly be a flag of some kind?

In my experience once the GA starts in a battle it carries over to the boarding as well. In fact, once it starts it will not stop until you leave the map. This makes it difficult to loot corpses and chests because you often can not see the icon to click it.

And fighting? When you can't see your opponent it is hard to time your thrust and parry. :ixi

But, sometimes things work well. I did the battle for Bridgetown today and it used to be I was pretty much blind, but this time there was very little GA at all. :cheers

Back