• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Graphical glitches

Doober

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I've been getting very strange graphical problems with Build 14 and maybe its just my imagination, but it seems to have gotten worse with the latest patch. I get random colors that take up half the screen and blink very fast. I snapped some screenshots until I caught it. Has anyone else had this problem? I attached the screenshot. It only happens when I'm sailing. It happens in first and third person sailing.

Attachments

• ship.jpg
    ship.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 185
Talisman reported that too and I've seen it as well. I have NO idea why that happens though.
I notice that you are using the British Warship model, which is the same one I and Talisman used when we noticed it.
I wonder if it's got anything to do with that particular model.

I have had these as well, most often when there was more than one ship on the screen.
It started with patch 3, and has continued in patch 4.

I have tried reducing the graphics quality on my graphics hardware and that seems to reduce the frequency with which they occur.

In patch 4 I have also had it happen while ship boarding (see screenshots ) :shock

:modding
Would it be releated to the Different Flags mod? I sure as hell hope not; I'm rather happy it's finally working. :shock
Has anyone been able to find any sort of consistency in it?
For example, does it happen when a certain ship is around?
But if such was the case, it wouldn't happen in boardings. But then there's no flags in boardings either.
But I HAVE sometimes seen random floating sails in boardings, which shouldn't be there either. :wacko:

It's the Justinian in that screenshot. That's a stock game model that was modified and enhanced by Kazeite.
And Seb added some more detail to her too. But still the polycount should be nothing exceptional.

I've had it happen with nearly every shiptype I've sailed. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it as it just seems to appear randomly in all sorts of conditions. It starts out pretty subtle, but as I sail it gets worse. The only way to stop it is to go to land or the world map. It obviously gets very difficult when you are in the middle of a sea battle. I will try playing with the graphics settings in my hardware and see if that fixes anything.

It strange how it is not a unique issue (many people experience it) :shock

But in the other way some other people have NEVER seen it (like me) :modding

Back