• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

graphics

mrpirate101

Landlubber
is it possible to change the graphics settings on this game, because even tho my resolution is set to my screen the ships still look a little squared if you know what it mean. i want the edges of the ship, sails and anything else to be alot smoother.

is there a way to change or maybe even add a graphics section to the options.

i also heard in another post that i can not find any longer that if i deleted a certain thing from the directory it would give better graphics quality.
is this true and if so what files is to be deleted.

Have you tried the post-processing option in the config menu?

Go to your program files, AOP2, and there should be an exe called config.

now i'd like to know how to add pirates of the carribean music to the game. also i have a problem with my sound, it wont play properly i think.

the sound of the ship moving through the water doesn't play like it did before or the sound of the wind
any ideas.

See here for the music pack: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13560-custom-potc-build-mod-music-pack-for-coas/
You could have a look at this for improved graphics; it *might* work: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads/enb-improved-graphics

From the image for New Horizons' POTC it said "ENB". So it seems they are simply trying to apply some of the Direct X9 effects to a Direct x8 game. COAS is already Direct x9. I personally don't think you can improve the
graphics any more, unless you hard code new graphic functions like normal mapping. COAS appears to already have bump mapping.

From what I've seen of the textures, they seem pretty good already, but there is always room for improvement in quality of textures. Like for instance many of the ship textures are not very good at all and could be improved.
I once played the game Silent Storm. It was very low poly, but the artist was an expert at texturing. Basically he did something like create a high polygon model, bake AO onto it add detailed texture, Make low poly apply AO and texture, making the low poly look high poly. Alot of games already do this but I still havn't seen them do it as expertly as Silent Storm myself.

That ENB program works for PotC. Try sticking it on CoAS, which uses a very similar game engine,
and see what happens. It might get better or it might not. Either way, at least you'll know. :shrug

i will but im also having trouble with these effects the textures and everything in the resource part works but the program side of the files tend to screw up the game so it wont run full stop

That Cannon FX file is for PotC and needs first to be adjusted for CoAS.

I don't know. It isn't my mod and I don't have CoAS. In the files included in that ZIP,
try to find the lines that were added for this mod. Then try to add those lines in a similar spot in CoAS.
I think I already warned you that it won't be easy.

yeah i have no idea on what im doing here, has anybody had experience with this sort of thing, if so any help would be great

Most of our experienced modders are either inactive or Build Mod modders (and dont do much work on CoAS)... Most of the new CoAS modders have taught themselves how to do it

yeah i have no idea on what im doing here, has anybody had experience with this sort of thing, if so any help would be great

One way to do it would be first find what was edited so install POTC (don't install any mods or builds) and compare the cannon fix to the vanilla and you will then know what was edited. Now look in COAS and see if there are any similar codes, change those that are different and add any TGA files where they you found them in POTC to the same location in COAS. Try the game and see if any changes have taken place. If your lucky the game will load if the game loads then hopefully the new effects etc will work if not reinstall the backups of all those files you edited before you edited them and remove any files you added (remember if asked to overwrite make a backup of it first).

Back