• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Greenford prison empty, can't complete a misson

Harriet Ström

Powder Monkey
I can't complete the "Strange things going on in the archipelago" quest because the guards in Greenford prison got killed in my main quest when I was going to collect the idol from Silehard. Without the guards I'm unable to complete the mission.

Can someone send me the mod for restoring the officers in the prison, please? Is there a way to fix this so I not have to start a new game?

Regards
Harriet

With the unmodded game, there is very little we can do. There is a reason we're all using the mods now.
There were plenty bugs with the original game and it doesn't have the console functionality either to figure it out.
You may want to consider just starting anew with the latest version.

When I signed on it was at mod version 3.4 and there was still a problem with strange things if you had previously killed Blacklock and co in the Idol scenario.

However there was a (very) rough patch which in 3.4 sticks the person you want in Greenford prison. For you it requires adding a revised Simon Hanpool dialogue pair over the original in program/dialogues and program/dialogues/english.

Since dialogue files are called as needed, it might allow your saved game (I think it could even work even in the stock version) to place the man you need to see in prison - guards or no guards.

- but no guarantees that I even know what I'm talking about, I cause as much grief as I solve.

If it works you talk to Simon (tavernkeeper) about killing the guards, he says go for it - and the teacher/animist is there in the cell for your next decision.

Here are the dialogue files (save the originals before overwriting - c file goes in dialogue and h in dialogue/english) -- save the game (again) and let me know if it works, and sorry if it turns out I wasted your time (although a lot less than getting to that point in the storyline again).

There are better fixes in the current mod now but they can't be applied "in-flight" as it were and rely on much changed code.

Attachments

• Simon Hanpool_dialog.c
    16.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Simon Hanpool_dialog.h
    9.1 KB · Views: 142
You will have to put this on hold for the moment because I forgot there is another pair of patched dialogue files required for the animists dialogue involved. With the first files the Teacher will be in prison (if the questbook call doesn't crash the game) but probably will not let you get further. However before I post them I think I need to remove the additional calls to write in the questbook in the stock game since the entries won't exist (and the questbook is also handled differently in 3.4 so they need to be slightly altered in the files for the ones that do exist) in case it just crashes the game. There is also a call to the questbook in the simon hanpool files that needs to come out too.

Oh and I should have said to re-name the existing files (or save them somewhere else) so you could always put them back!

Right. Keep your saved game safe - so you can carry on with whatever else you have left to do if it doesn't work.

Here are the four dialogue files to put in place of the ones you will have renamed or copied somewhere else. I have taken out a questbook entry which in 3.4 after talking to Simon told you to just go and talk to the prisoner - but you know that now anyway. I have altered the other questbook entry calls back to stock game style for animists in the dialogues so they should be ok for the quest. I suggest you put back the original simon hanpool files on completion (if it works at all) if you have other stuff still to do.

I hope it works but if not you're back with the original answer - you can't it's broken

Attachments

• Quest_ANIMISTS_dialog.c
    7 KB · Views: 169
  • Quest_ANIMISTS_dialog.h
    3.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Simon Hanpool_dialog.c
    16.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Simon Hanpool_dialog.h
    9.1 KB · Views: 129
Back