• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Greetings

Tsolluos

Landlubber
Hello, I have been to these forums on and off since I started playing Pirates of the Caribbean, and again with City of Abandoned Ships. I am interested in helping out with this project in whatever way that I can. If you are still looking for help, I have had experience in all parts of game design but I am most proficient in the artistic side of things.

From your post about different jobs, I believe I would be more helpful in the following areas:

Creative Support and Brainstorming
3D Modeling and Animation
Terrain Sculpting
2D Texturing
GUI Development

I have used various programs including 3DS Max, Photoshop, Flash, and a few others as well. However, it has been a long while since I have used these and I am sure I have forgotten quite a bit. I also no longer have access to some of these or they are outdated. I can still use Photoshop without too much difficulty.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I would like to help out in any way that I can. Thank you for your consideration.

Tsolluos

You sound like you will be of help. Welcome aboard. We need help in all the areas you mentioned, particularity GUI development and animation. And the more 3d modelers, the better. Are there any areas you are particularly interested in?

I'll go wherever I'm needed but I suppose texturing would be the easiest for me to get back into. As I mentioned, my programs are a little outdated but I guess Photoshop is pretty much still Photoshop. The version I have is CS3 if it matters.

Also, I have been spending the time I am not at work either reading through the forums or familiarizing myself with City of Abandoned Ships again.

Welcome to the forum, mate! Your help will be much appreciated! :woot

Did you try our modpack for PotC at any point?

CS 3 outdated? Oh dear... I've got CS 2. :cheeky

:ahoy

And if I remember correctly any version above Photoshop 6.0 will do for texturing.. So it does not really matter.

Yeah, I did get some mods for PotC. I can't really remember which ones though. I lent PotC to a friend and never heard from him again. So, is there any specific forum threads I should focus on reading?

Back