• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Grinding and Levelling

NJPGDragon

Landlubber
Is there any way to upgrade your character's capabilities, I have a level 12 character and, my officers on the same level have higher capabilities. How can I get my capabilities to their levels? Also, what is the best way to upgrade navigation skill, it seems that scoring hits with your cannons increases it, is there another way?

I am not sure which stats are the capabilities but heavy weapons, luck, pistols etc can be raised through using appropriate weapons and or gambling, stealth etc...
P.I.R.A.T.E.S. cannot be raised(well, u can but that involves completing a quest)while nav, gunnery, accuracy, etc is simply raised by shooting, sailing, boarding, repairing etc...

As for navigation particullary, you gain experience through sailing in battles(a lot) and sailing on the world map also raises that skill(at a lesser degree though) :onya

Bear in mind however the experience glider you chose at the beggining of the game determines the rate these skills increase!!!

By capabilities I do mean the P.I.R.A.T.E.S stats, if you look at the character screen, you will notice the P.I.R.A.T.E.S section is labelled "Capabilities". Can you perhaps point out where I can get that quest (if its a side quest), I only need to up my Authority a point or two. Thanks for the help.

sometimes people ypu fins in the jungle will increase one capability for a price. just talk to them. they will heal you, give you advice, or increase a capability :woot

Thanks, I saw a guy outside a cave around Panama whilst on a smuggling run there, did'nt bother talking to him at that time, I'll keep my eyes open from now on. As for increasing nav skill, pull the manowar out of port parking as your only ship in the squadron and go park it in a storm, this will increase the nav skill at a constant rate, at a slower rate as the skill goes up. The manowar can take a lot of damage so you can sit in the storm for quite some time.

You could also go to the RPGUtilite file and pick one class (i.e. adventurer) and change their starting stats to whatever you want, and after that, any time you start a new game as an adventurer, you'll have those stats regardless of what character you pick.

Back