• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Guncrew does not appear

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
When I'm ringing the bell on corvette's deck, the guncrew doesn't appear for my orders. Is it a bug? They're still in cargo hold with hammocks. It's the last reward quest.

fjx,

Is it the first time you want them up on deck or have they been there already once?
Did you use a jump start?
Did you change any of the default settings?

Please ask before I dig into this. :)

1)No, they haven't been on deck yet.
2)Yes I have used the jump start straight to medicine chest part.
3)As I remember I changed only a few controls as always, but I did not touch any advanced options.
4)Great thanks for help.

I haven't played this storyline for sometime brilliant by the way but i have a vague memory that after you meet the guncrew in the cargo hold after all the dialog boxes end,you have to initiate a final dialog with the remaining gunner,which seemed trigger their appearance on deck later on.Hoping this helps i think it worked for me hope this isn't misleading

Reactions: fjx
Yes it's something like that shandy.
So fjx: you have to perform all 8 dialog phrases with the guncrew.
You'll then get a questbook update: "The bell on quarterdeck calls the Cannon Crew."
And the bell will work...

I'll try to fix this - it's not good enough.

Thanks, I'm through, but I have another problem:aar .When I should do the cannon drill 2 I call the guncrew with the bell (it works fine now), but their dialog is "You haven't found your powderhorn". Even if I equip it and resupply the powder at officer's cabin, they say the same. Please help.
P.S. Jack Rackham, I would give you a like, but I don't know how;).

Never mind the like.
Try to put the powderhorn back in a chest and pick it up again and equip and resupply gp.
I check this new problem tomorrow.

fjx, is the equipped powderhorn turned in a wrong way, looks strange?
(It has happened.)

Just in case ,don't know if it's the same thing,but I failed to notice that the instruction for firing the cannon isn't visible in the dialog box you have to scroll right down the dialog box to uncover the firing command.I know I was confused by this for several hours !duh!Seemed amazingly bugfree storyline even I managed to finish it.not sure if this helps

Yes shandy, the fire commando i far below. The dialog box isn't large enough.
Glad you think it's bugfree but I find a bug every now and then. Or fjx did, this time.

fjx, I have found and fixed the bug. Tell me if you're stuck and I'll send you the new files.

Yes, here are the latest bugfixes for this quest.
Unzip and copy over your PROGRAM folder.
Then restart a little before you met the guncrew for the very first time
(a savegame maybe).
:boom:

Attachments

• fixes 1 & 2.7z
    162 KB · Views: 151
Thanks that worked and I didn't have to go back that far, only to just before I shoot the door. Now however I have a new problem, I can't pick up the key. I put the map on the floor and pushed it under, used the compass to get the key out and pulled the map back out again, but now I can't pick up the key. All that happens when I try is that the map gets pushed back under the door. I have tried every combination of items equipped and no items equipped, and nothing seems to work. Am I supposed to be auto-equipped with the key when I pull the map back out(this seems like a likely way to do it), if so, it didn't work. My kids think I have gone insane with me using apparantly random phrases like " Just pick it up, idiot". please salvage my mental health, and prevent my kids from having me commited. Thanks

I don't remember if it's left or right hand to pick it up so try either
F3 + F3 or
F3 + fire pistol button

Back