• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gunpowder Storage

BathtubPirate

Privateer
Storm Modder
@Jack Rackham I hope you don't mind, I think I'm stuck at Woodes Rogers. I shall collect the medicine and just brought food to the church, the medicine chest should be completed soon. But I just don't know how to continue or what I've missed. I peeked at the walkthrough and it says to visit the gunner in the gunpowder storage. But the door to Woodes Rogers' armory (in the residence room behind the library) is closed. I looked at the reload locators in the location file and there should be another possible entrance somehow through the library, but I can't find anything. Is it a bug or am I on the wrong path? Thanks in advance!

I played it now and the door to the armory is open. The powdermonkey shows that in the residence. For this to happen:

1 - 2 See my questbook screenshot. There are 6 checkmarks which means you have made 5 pick ups as the apothecary gives you 2
medicines. In exchange for a violin from Dave's room.

3 Thomas Dover outside the tailor's gives mercury medicines. Empty bottles from the tavern.

4 In a market stall Claire Voyant another medicine.

5 Antidote from the store.

6 Etherbottle from the opium den.

And the food is already delivered to the church. Pick up the medicine chest again from the food cellar.

Hope this will help.

---------------

When I have finished part 2 of WoodesRogers I'm going to fix all kind of things in part 1. This medicine chest part certainly is in need of
some cleaning up.

Attachments

• monkey.jpg
    monkey.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 266
  • questbook.jpg
    questbook.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 243
Thanks, but I think that´s exactly where I am. And no powdermonkey in sight. I think I'm gonna reload a save from a bit earlier and try again.

EDIT: @Jack Rackham I remembered something, I may have killed the powdermonkey in the mines. Sounds stupid, but I remember at one point I didn't know how to continue and was fooling around, including shooting on the monkey, who didn't actually die in a physical way but his corpse was displayed in the upper left corner of the screen. :rofl In that case, I could just start a new game and use Blackbeard to jump forward to the medicine chapter.

Last edited:
Hmm have to make him immortal then... :monkeydance

You can also start a new game and use the storyteller to teleport you to the start of the medicine chest part.
If you do so enter the loanshark and exit it from behind the counter before you talk to Rogers.

It was to tricky in the mine too then. :modding

It was to tricky in the mine too then. :modding
I haven't really understood yet back then that the powdermonkey serves mostly as a guide and hence didn't get that he wants to lead me to a specific mine shaft. But I may have too impatient myself, I could have tried the door(s) closest to him before shooting him. :modding

Eehm, I have tried Blackbeards jumpstart to both medicine chest and pistol6. I always spawn at the Port Royale harbour and get killed immediately by guards… Is that correct?

I always spawn at the Port Royale harbour and get killed immediately by guards… Is that correct?
Yes unfortunately. You have to be quick there and press space for ex to reload to the Town and avoid the guards.

If you jumpstart to pistol 6 do this and enter tavern storeroom from the town. The door next to the Loanshark.
Continue via tavern, tavern room upstairs and Rogers bedroom to meet Rogers in the corridor upstairs in the kitchen location.

It makes more sense to jump to the medicine chest, because that's where I left. I just tried pistol6 because I thought there might be something wrong with the other jumpstart and it is the one right before it.

But it seems I can't get through the gate, even if i hit space like crazy as soon as the port loading screen starts. It's closed and then I get one-hit-killed by the guards.

I just tried both jump starts and the gate was open so I could escape by pressing space bar.

Don't know why it doesn't work for you but here's a fix for those 2 jump starts:
you will start at the door to the tavern_storeroom (pistol6) or the door to the loanshark (med chest).
Both tested and ok.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    2.6 MB · Views: 232
Good Luck then, I can answer but have no access to the game as I'm at "Clair Voyant's" house
over Christmas. :xmas

Part 1 is finished when "jrh" shows up. It's possible to play on after that but there's still a lot of work to be done.

Problem solved, Jack. It may have had nothing to do with the powdermonkey at all. I didn't have the antidote yet, I thought returning to the church after visiting the gunner leads to the last of the six main medicines. Also I thought way too far - it didn't come to my mind to just buy a simple antidote at the store, I must have expected to get that in some other riddle later. Conclusion: I need to look at the simple things right in front of my nose and if I can't do that, I must read your instructions more exactly…

Merry Christmas :xmas

Back