• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Have you ever trolled before?

Have you ever trolled before?

• Yes, and I do it often

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, I did it only once or a couple of times

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, never have gotten the courage to do so

• No, trollers can all be patted on the head... hard... with a chair...

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I think this whole topic is immature (choosing this option is basically like choosing option 1, lol)

• Total voters

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
Just made this poll out of curiosity, answer honestly, no one will know what you voted :)

We have all unintentionally trolled one in a while, or so they say. Intentional trolls can easily be spotted though, whether they be tactical trolls, the "relatively intelligent persona" troll, the dumbass troll, the flamer troll etc etc.

"YOUR A @#?$ DUMBS@/!T! zOMFG!" that I can sometimes come across and "does it work for Xbox 360", on an Xbox 360 exclusive game video on YouTube. Maybe the latter was just a simple dumbass? No one will ever know...

Where I previously came from, that being the Bungie forums, the place stank of trolls. -_-

Yes I know you are. I was just making a side comment about unintentional trolling.

Excuse me, but english is not my mother-language. Can someone explain to me what trolling means (please do not laugh or make critics)?

Why should anyone laugh at you for not knowing? We're always happy to help ye here :doff

It is an internet slang term, for individuals who post comments to provoke a flame war (viral trolling. Some YouTube videos have been known to do this, and cause millions to be trolled), or a directional troll who trolls an individual or a select group of individuals. They do this usually to get a laugh out of people's responses, and to cause mayhem along the way. As stated by me before, there are different kinds of these trolls, and you need to be able to spot one. Why? So you don't fall for the troll's trap and end up taking part in the flame war, or another form of a trolling attack. There is this saying called "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS".

Do-not-feed-the-troll.png
troll.jpg

There is also an image, which aims to troll people, without causing flame wars or angering the majority of people, but rather have a laugh about it and then leave. This image has lead on to many parodies/spoofs around YouTube. This image is know as "Troll face" or "Cool face". See below for the image and an example of two parodies on YouTube.

50274_190844143528_2821955_n.jpg

Hopefully you have an idea what trolls are now :doff

"Troll face trolling" is a form of trolling I can actually laugh about :)

If you see a troll, no matter how much you want to call him a (insert explicit language here), don't. You are only falling for their scheme and making them laugh at you :yes

Even if I don't drive yet, people who do not indicate piss me off. Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black ere some of the most disliked people on my part, but they are just annoying now. The internet has so much crap sloshing around in it's proverbial toilet, which needs to be flushed.

Not really. This forum is a part of the internet and it isn't bad (in my opinion and I'm sure you hava an excellent opinion about PA! too). So almost everything. Three words. xD:

When I say the internet is everything, the internet HAS everything. So this forum is part of that "everything", since it is on the internet. Yes? :onya

Jonty, that's starting to go into borderline trolling, lol, or just simply being a smart a**, lol

Back