• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hearts of Oak: Soundtrack Friday #11 "Hoist the Flags"

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Ahoy there you sea dogs!
This week I got a bit carried away so the announcement is a bit late.
But perhaps it can brighten your Monday night now?

It's time for "Hoist the Flags" by Christian Tornholm-Lehn aka @Flannery!
So head into battle!

You are near a fort because you want to attack it. You hoist the flag, and it all turns into a heated battle. At first, you think it is fine and that you will win the battle. Unfortunately the battle gets too heated, and then the devil brings the forces of the underworld on you. You decide to leave and they start chasing you. Your ship was in shambles, and as the devil's army is chasing you, you feel a fiery breath on your neck, shortly before your ship sank.
An interesting thing is that if this track was before the "Devil's chase" one, then it would really make quite the interesting story, so I wrote it.
Another interesting fact is that if I went to capture a big fort with a non-cursed ship in New horizons, this story describes what would happen.

Last edited:
This has always been my favourite track of the entire Hearts of Oak set.
It's just SO exciting and a ton of fun!
Really makes me want to grab my swash and buckle something. :woot

You are near a fort because you want to attack it. You hoist the flag, and it all turns into a heated battle. At first, you think it is fine and that you will win the battle. Unfortunately the battle gets too heated, and then the devil brings the forces of the underworld on you. You decide to leave and they start chasing you. Your ship was in shambles, and as the devil's army is chasing you, you feel a fiery breath on your neck, shortly before your ship sank.
An interesting thing is that if this track was before the "Devil's chase" one, then it would really make quite the interesting story, so I wrote it.
I get guess that might describe exactly why I did it in the order we have it now.
I like happy endings! And after all the darkness of Mathias Hoogland's tracks, I really wanted something more upbeat again.

Plus... the next track will tell you what happens next anyway.
One more week to wait... ;)

Back