• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hello Agin Fellow Swashbucklers

Greetings all you cannoneers, slashers, mashers, riggers, Captains of ill repute, smugglers, brigands, desperados, rumpots, robbers, highwaymen, pirates, privateers, swindlers, guzzlers, low dive minstrels and fellow buccaneers. And hello too, to the few, the very few I'd imagine, who aren't mentioned above....

I was wondering, since I'm in the mood for another adventure on the high seas, which of the builds you would recommend for an old pal, and fellow ship painter who is more interersted in free form play than the campaign that shipped with the original version. Stability being the main concern. Nothing like a stable gun deck an' fair weather... an' a fat merchant on yon horizon....

Any suggestions? Any new models worth painting? It's been a long time since I've been in touch and any input would be appreciated. Ya'll know how it is when ya get the urge t' pick up yer cutlass, cut up yer drinkin' buddy, an' set sail for new ports o' call where the ladies likes ye 'cause they don't know ya yet....

Yer ol' pal, W.

Uh, no wait! I wuz drunk when I wrote that! Rum it wuz. Mostly.

Yer ol' pal, Rafe

Sober as some judges. An' more honest to boot!

Swear it, on a stack o' biblical tomes.

A bottle o' rum, an pieces of eight.

Welcome (back), Rafe Bligh!

The latest build mod, is Build 14 Beta 1. You will be amazed, we have got nice additions like different main quests, different time periods to play in, different flag mod, new locations to visit and tons of new ships to try out!

Welcome back! Jeez, that was LONG ago that you were here. Were you still there when I joined?
I don't really remember you, so you might've left already. But I've seen your name in ships_init.c of course.
In any case, it's always good to see an old salt make his way back to our port! :doff

The latest "officially stable" edition is Build 13 Final, but I can really recommend getting Build 14 Beta 1.
The amount of new features added borders on the insane (in a good way) and it appears to be really quite stable and playable.
And it contains LOTS of new ship models that I'm sure you would love to get your hands on. ;)

Back