• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hello and 3D Environments

SinKing

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Hi, I've come to say hello, since it seems I'll be joining as a Prop and Environment Artist. Yay! I'm very interested in Architecture and have worked on a title with UDK that was released commercially, last year. I've done a few things in CrySDK, but that was well over a year ago. So I'm a bit rusted, but still good under all dat rust!

I really admire the direction this project is taking and if the sailing aspects are as well realized as in POTC New Horizons, this game will have no equal! It's also really nice to see the updates and progress on the project. I know this is very hard to keep up and going with people having jobs and doing this for the love of it!

I hope to be of use to the team, and I'm actually really looking forward to using Cryengine again! Have to finish one personal project in UDK and then I'll be ready fo' ye! Pirates Ahoy!

By any chance are you the SinKing that has been lurking in the MODDB Pirates Ahoy! forums commenting about that manly stuff?

I am jumping the ranks like mad! Yesterday landlubber, today provisional. Where does it end!

Vouching? Like in the mafia? Cool! I hope we can keep our balls intact. I'll do my best to deliver!
I sent Pieter my portfolio a few days ago and have been in contact with him for years (praising POTC NH mostly ^^). He told me to register here, maybe it was premature of me to think that means I'm gonna work on Hearts of Oak! Sincerely, I'd love to help, and the only reason I didn't apply earlier was that I was knee-deep in learning UDK and didn't want to stress myself with CrySDK at the same time.

Let me know if you need any additional info from me, and I'll have it ready! I'd also do an art test, if you like. My field of expertise is Props and Environments. Cheers piratemates!

I sent Pieter my portfolio a few days ago and have been in contact with him for years (praising POTC NH mostly ^^). He told me to register here, maybe it was premature of me to think that means I'm gonna work on Hearts of Oak!

Everyone gets a provisional rank before joining now. You're a provisional member on the team, and you'll get the proper rank(s) once you've done a little bit of work. This system was implemented because many people have been showing up and volunteering with the best intentions, but failing to finish any work at all.

Take a look here for who to contact for assignments.
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/list-of-coordinators-who-to-contact.21706/
Make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations threads both in this section of the forum and in the coordination forum.

I suppose there are team meetings and perhaps a FPS server, too?

There are some skype calls for long discussions about development, but that's not in my area.

FPS servers? I'm essentially a robot. Wouldn't know about that.

Welcome on board, SinKing! Glad to see you have found your way to our waters at long last.

Everybody who is willing to contribute to the Hearts of Oak project will always be welcome to do so.
I'm sure you'll be part of the "official team" soon enough.

Generally we do all discussions on development here on the forum, though I think Captain Murphy and some other contributors have been in talks privately as well.
Myself, I am away at sea and have not been keeping up with exactly everything that has been going on. Just trying to support things where I can. :cheers

Thanks for the welcome!

FTP server, my brain. My brain. Sorry. Too many FPS hours, maybe ^^

So where and how do you store/upload your stuff?

Back