• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hello... my introduction :)

The problem with this is that you top out at tier 3 ships, so I turn realistic stuff off in "options" so I can get the top ships. For instance I now have the French Flagship La Courrone sitting in berth. I bought her in a shipyard.

Wait, why can you not get anything better than a tier 3? They were put in the game but are disabled or something?

I'm worried that I will not set the options correctly when I start playing, and then will have to change them and start the game over (forcefully) or something. Is there a list saying which option changes require a new game?

Wait, why can you not get anything better than a tier 3? They were put in the game but are disabled or something?
You CAN get them. And sail them too. But there's a bug we haven't yet been able to fix causing you to keep having a leadership and sailing penalty on Tier 1 and 2 ships despite having a high character level yourself.

I'm worried that I will not set the options correctly when I start playing, and then will have to change them and start the game over (forcefully) or something. Is there a list saying which option changes require a new game?
Pretty much all of them, I'm afraid. Just let us know which options you're a bit iffy about when you go through them.

Even though I don't have game yet, I was test installing the B14 2.1 and 2.3 files. I noticed on the 2.3 install it asked if I wanted to install Sea Mod v02.2 (for SERIOUS SAILORS only). Am I a serious sailer? haha.

Is this the same thing as direct sail? I've tried to look around the forums to get a hint, and it seems like it's the same thing. A little confused. I want to be able to sail my ship around and all that of course, so I am going to play realistic mode and not try to teleport everywhere. However I will use the world map sailing screen probably alot as I don't want to spend 5 real hours going somewhere.

Even though I don't have game yet, I was test installing the B14 2.1 and 2.3 files. I noticed on the 2.3 install it asked if I wanted to install Sea Mod v02.2 (for SERIOUS SAILORS only). Am I a serious sailer? haha.
No, you're not. It makes voyages take a lot longer than with regular DirectSail, which is already included in the default install.
If at some point you do decide you want to try it, it'll be easy enough to install that later.
This is the Open Sea Mod thread for further details: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/directsail-timescale.18384/

Nearby neutral or friendly ships will still disappear upon a DirectSail update. It will not happen in battle though.
However, we do have the [0]-key on the keyboard to temporarily toggle off DirectSail updates if you happen to have unfinished business with those ships.

DirectSail definitely has its rough spots, but that cannot be avoided on a mod-added feature
that the original game's developers considered to be just plain impossible due to game engine limitations in the first place.
It has held up pretty well over the past few years that we have had it in allowing you to sail between islands without using the worldmap.

Back