• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help a noob:)

kjakobsen

Landlubber
Hey guys...

I just started playing AoP2, and picked Peter Blood as my character. In one of the first missions I have to kill a man to get his finger... But either I run out of stamina or he just shoots me with his gun!!!!

I've tried about 10 times.... What am I doing wrong????

please help me:)

I found stamina to be an issue at the start too, I'm not sure if you have earned any personal abilities yet, there is one to increase stamina regen, can't remember what it is called I will go and check in a bit.

Blocking with the space bar will recharge your energy slowly you can still be hit by gun fire and the overhead swing attack but can easily use potions or grapes etc while still blocking by pushing enter then selecting use (sorry if you know this already).

Pushing the middle mouse button will do a big overhead swing that can't be blocked so it may be an idea to hit him with a couple of those to try and kill him quick.

Not sure if any of this will help you , I will try and have a think about anything else that may be of use. :onya

I've noticed that most of the time, they'll only shoot at you right in the beginning of the fight or if you try to run away. If you put too much distance between yourself and your enemy, they'll try taking a shot at you. If you're looking for a quick way to heal up (assuming you have a healing item) is just hit "x" in battle, and if you time it right, you can hit shift+right click to attempt to parry an attack and knock the enemy off balance... this is especially effective against the powerful overhead strike since it's slow and easy to see it coming.

I've noticed that most of the time, they'll only shoot at you right in the beginning of the fight or if you try to run away. If you put too much distance between yourself and your enemy, they'll try taking a shot at you. If you're looking for a quick way to heal up (assuming you have a healing item) is just hit "x" in battle, and if you time it right, you can hit shift+right click to attempt to parry an attack and knock the enemy off balance... this is especially effective against the powerful overhead strike since it's slow and easy to see it coming.

Thank you... I finally got past him. guess I was to eager to hit him instead of blocking his sword;)

That one's always a pain early in the game, but once you figure out how to beat him, it gets a lot easier.

I keep forgetting about the X key for quick potion.

Always just use enter to choose which potion I want to use, does the X key use a specific potion? e.g. lowest level first?

Glad to hear you got past the fight, took me a couple of tries to get used to the fighting in Age of pirates 2, I'm more used to the old style from Pirates of the Caribean, but once you get the hang of it, fights can be alot of fun, well unless your the last man alive surrounded by a team of Spanish Sailors xD:

I think the potion shortcut consumes a potion based on the situation, but it still needs to be tested and confirmed. The reason I say it's based on the situation is because one time when I was actually paying attention to what potions are used when, i had some rum, mixtures, and antidotes on hand while fighting some skeletons. When i would have a little damage, it would use the rum, if I had moderate damage it used the mixture, and if I had very low damage (10-15 points or so) but I was poisoned it used up the antidotes. It might have just been coincidence, but it seems to be somewhat intuitive when selecting potions. Like I said, it would still need some testing.

I'm sure CMV3.1.5 has the fix for the health problems, i know the stock game used what ever was on hand but i'm sure that for the combined mods we used the mod released as a mini mod for this and that fixed the problem.

Back