• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] A quick question

Unsure about that. It seems to be an russian patch available, which can't be used with other game language versions from what I was able to figure out, but what exactly this one does or maybe fixes is unknown to me.

Luke159 was working on that before he went on sabbatical. He always comes back after a few months of being burnt out on another game and I'm sure he will pick it back up when he hears the call of the digital sea again.

The JSCombined mod is the best simple mod we have for bug fixes. The only things it does is fix vanilla bugs and it adds some ships. So no changes in the interface, items, etc. There are no changes in the ships engagement/performance numbers from vanilla either, so the sea battles are very quick. A small ship can be sunk with a couple broadsides. Its as close to vanilla as you can get and I think the added ships are a nice touch. Its not nearly as many as we have now.

Its a good mod and I highly recommend it.

MK

:shrug
I did try it some time ago and it wasn't my thing. I guess I can wait since I have some other game I have been neglecting to try.

Well I guess vanilla won't really be your thing either then. There really isn't that much difference - just vanilla bug fixes and 46 additional ships over stock. Honestly you could probably just install the program folder minus the ships folder, keep the old utils and scripts file and only load the INI folder into resources and it would give you the bug fixes without the new ships.

Also if you don't want the new ships you just don't install that part of the mod. You do automatically get 33 new characters over stock in the game. Here's what you get:

This mod does:

1. Skips intro movies.
----V1.5: updated Quick Map to Ver 2 (+Bug fix in V1.7.1)->
2. Add Quick Map on pressing M button.
3. Add UseBetterPotion
4. Add Rum_Management Mod
5. Fix Missing companion ability Instant Repair
6. Fix incorrectly available companion light repair
7. Fix repair using up canvas trying to repair sails for broken masts.
8. Fix incorrect animation after using diving suit for non standard animation characters. (bug fixed in v1.2.2)
9. Allow female gender hero characters to appear as hireable competitors. **(see note at bottom of post)
----V1.1 ->
10. Add BetterLooting Mod.
----V1.2 ->
11. Add OfficersCommand Mod.
-- V1.2.1 ->
12. Add ColSchoonerCannonFix Mod to COAS_Ships compatible version.
-- V1.3 ->
13. Add SpaceToTalk Mod.
-- V1.4 ->
14. Add WhereAreMyShips Mod. (bug fix in 1.7.2)
-- V1.6 ->
15. Add QuestLookout Mod. (bug fix in 1.7.2)
-- V1.7 ->
16. Add CompanionBallChoice Mod.
-- V1.7.1 ->
17. Fix Missing Tenochtitlan text bug.
18. Fix Broken Tenochtitlan animation for non standard characters.
19. Fix Bug where Austin would not appear if you had found his pearl village before fighting all his men.
-- V1.8 ->
20. Included Vorius's No Crew Limit Capture mod (Updated so "Sail To" will not work without adequate crew)
21. Included Vorius's Show Officer's Position mod
-- V1.9 ->
22. Fix Treasure Map seller to have gold on his body when you kill him in duel for selling you a fraud (Vorius)
23. Added ability to name your save games (Vorius)

What's not to like I'm wondering? :shrug

MK

Well I guess vanilla won't really be your thing either then. There really isn't that much difference - just vanilla bug fixes and 46 additional ships over stock.
Also if you don't want the new ships you just don't install that part of the mod. You do automatically get 33 new characters over stock in the game. Here's what you get:

This mod does:

long list of stuff it adds

What's not to like I'm wondering? :shrug

MK

Seems to me by your post, and by my experience, it adds a lot. Besides, I just didn't care for it, I have my own opinion, don't assume every opinion is like yours, as the mod had plenty of stuff I didn't like. I hope there is an unofficial vanilla patch sometime in the future, but until then, I will just deal with what I've got, rather than abandon my choice just because it doesn't suit someone else. I will "stick to my guns", thank you very much.

Hey, easy... lets have it amiable.

I think we have not modders interested in fixing the original game; most of us see it as unfinished and unfriendly and we are all working to add things to it.

Cheers.
buho (A).

I do apologize for my attitude, it's just I have been dealing with Gamefaqs (methinks this was my first mistake) dark souls board all week long trying to get a straight answer for some help until I gave up and went on to play this game which I clearly haven't done so in a long while, only to find a game-breaking bug of no dialogue with the Spanish captain near some pirates. Clearly this has not been a good month for me. I probably might try the mod again in sometime because Game A seems to be dead to me now. Once again I do apologize for my attitude.

Edit: Tried it again, still didn't like it.

Back