• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Adding ship to shipyard

Doubler

Landlubber
Hello!
I'd like to add the Dog of War corvette for sale at shipyards, but I'm not sure how to do this. To be honest I can't even seem to find the proper text file to modify.
I like the ship model a lot, but doing the CoAS quest is a bit of a pain :p

I'm sorry if this topic's come up before. I went through the entire modding forum without finding anything :?

It is code. And in GOF 1.1 it is broken code.

Are you fluently on C?

Cheers.
buho (A).

No, not exactly.

But I'm not using GoF. I'm using a slightly customized set of individual mods (an old version of JsCombined, mostly). Pretty sure I don't have anything that modifies the shipyard code so I suspect if it works for vanilla AoP2 it'll likely work for me.

Your best bet is opening Program\_mod_on_off.h and setting:

Code:
bool    bBettaTestMode = True;
(it is at False normally) and checking the shipyards. Some one will have every possible ship for sale (or may be all shipyars will have all ships, dunno).

Buy your ship, save your game and set back:

Code:
bool    bBettaTestMode = False;

- o -

If you want to mess with the code:

- The file is Program\scripts\ShipsUtilites.c, function SetShipyardStore.

- The ship you want is SHIP_CORVETTE_QUEST or may be SHIP_ARABELLA, dunno.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Thanks!
If it works off that levelled list, wouldn't adding this line below the regular corvette work?
Code:
if (iTest_ship == 3) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_CORVETTE_QUEST), "ship14");
Adding it in again in a similar fashion later in the list to increase the chance or number of it appearing at higher levels?

For start, the GOF 1.1 function is broken. Begin bad indented too I have no clear idea about what works and what doesn't work; reindenting it only to know what is broken is not worth.

Jonathan fixed it for GOF 1.2 and I used his fix in GOF 1.1.1. He knows what is wrong in the GOF 1.1 version, but I have no idea.

Furthermore, every line have a chance. In the "ship14" section the chance is 4%, the likelihodd of the ship being generated is thiny.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back